DADA

Y/N Y/L/N POV

Hmph. I patted my clothes clean and stormed my way to class. What an ass.

'Is it bad to look at something beautiful once in a while?' I mocked, in my head.

Who does he think he is? Sure he's going to be 'The Dark Lord', but he doesn't have to be such a prick.

I arrived at the class. The seats were settled on the borders of the classroom, leaving a huge center area. I took the first seat I saw and sat down, crossed my arms while replaying Tom's words.

'Beg' 'I don't have time for crap like you' 'Did I hurt my little one's feelings?' Little one my ass. 'Cry for me'

"Alright class, I know this classroom isn't the usual one, but the Ministry of Magic has decided dueling will be our main focus this year." Professor Lupin announced. "Now, I encourage you all to take a seat."

I huffed and rested my head into my palm. I heard someone sitting beside me, but I didn't really mind.

"You will be tested in all the ways you can disarm or block a charm, curse, jinx, hex, or any kind of spell. First up, a simple one, the disarming charm. Any volunteers?" Lupin asked.

The class was quite silent and my eyes searched for Tom. I looked around the room but couldn't find him. Then I turned around and found him to have been next to me the whole time. I jumped as I realized and anger flooded my mind again.

"I think Tom would love to." I volunteered for him.

The whole class turned to him as he glared at me.

"Whatever, but only if it's Y/n I'm going against." He let out.

"Y/n, your up as well then." Lupin cooed.

"What? But I-" I tried

"Professor, I gave no consent to Y/n volunteering me. Why can't I do the same to her." Tom smirked.

"Very well, then I see no reason why Y/n should not join him."

I glared at him and watched him get up. Tom turned around and reached his hand out for mine. I started at it and back at his eyes. I smiled and smacked his hand away. I got up myself and walked over to the middle of the classroom, pulling out my wand.

"Expelliarmus" I heard him yell behind me.

I turned around and was hit with a scarlet light. My wand was knocked out of my hand, leaving me defenseless.

"Accio my wand," I spoke.

As I commanded, my wand flew back into my hands and my glare was fixed back onto Tom's smirking face.

"Stupefy!" He yelled.

Red streams of light flew from Tom's wand, turning green and aiming for me.

"Protego" I yelled back.

A white shield formed in front of me, stopping the spell.

"I said to only show us the disarming charm." Professor Lupin let out.

"Confringo" Tom continued to yell.

Strings of light blue shot out of Tom's wand, coming for me. The blasting curse. I jumped out the way, but the spell hit the ground, destroying the marbling work.

"Oppugno" I yelled while pointing my wand at a chair.

It hit the object and I drew my wand towards Tom. The chair launched itself in his direction. Tom whipped his wand in the air, sending the chair back at me.

"You know you can't win this Y/n." He cooed.

"Expulso" I spelled, making it hit the chair.

It exploded into pieces and it started to rain dust.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! DETENTION, BOTH OF YOU" Lupin shouted.

I rolled my eyes and walked back to my seat. Tom did the same. He spent the rest of the class glaring at me as I continued to ignore him.

"Right, I will need new volunteers for a demonstration of the impediment curse or jinx. First, can anyone tell me what it is?" Professor Lupin continued.

I knew this one. I raised my hand in the air.

"Right, Y/n?" He picked.

"The Impediment Curse is a spell that slows or completely stops an object or person," I answered.

"Correct." Lupin cooed.

"NERD!" Someone called out.

The whole class turned their heads to a group of laughing Slytherin eighth years'.

"Better shush your little group Luther, or you will be joining Riddle and Y/l/n in detention tonight." Professor Lupin yelled.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. I noticed Tom wasn't keeping his eyes off the four who laughed. Was he..glaring at them? Such a weird man.

"Anyways, thank you Y/n. Why don't you pick the next two demonstrators? The spell is on page 34 of your book." Lupin offered.

"Thank you, Professor. I choose Luther and...Tom." I smiled.

At this point, Tom looked as if he wanted to rip Luther's head off. If Luther hurts Tom, good. It'll save me my energy. If Tom hurts Luther, fine by me. Win, win.

"Fine. Luther, Tom, your turn to shine." Professor Lupin cooed.

Tom started to grin, whereas I could have sworn I saw Luther's hands begin to shake. The two boys walked to the center of the room. One more confident than ever, the other with regret and scare, written all over their face.

"Er..begin," Lupin instructed.

The two held out their wands, pointing them in each other's directions

"Impedimenta!" Luther cast.

Turquoise beams of light flew out of his wand, flying towards Tom.

"Expelliarmus." Tom cast.

Luther's spell missed Tom while Tom's spell disarmed him. Luther's wand flew out his hand. A flash of panic overcame his face as Tom's grin only grew bigger.

"Accio m-"

"Impedimenta." Tom cast.

A new set of turquoise light shot across the room, hitting Luther. His motions began to slow and soon, he completely froze.

"Good job Tom. This is what I expect a duel to be like. Nice and neat. No chairs being thrown around." Lupin laughed.

Tom smirked at me while I rolled my eyes. Of course, the teacher's pet.

"You see that Y/n, you should really strive to be more like me." Tom boasted while walking over.

I rolled my eyes again and kept silent.

"Silence doesn't suit you, little one." He cooed while sitting down.

I tapped the shoulder of the person next to me. He turned around seconds later.

"Annoying isn't he?" I cooed, pointing my finger behind me.

"Um..y-you mean T-Tom?" He mumbled.

"Yea. Is there some other pratt sitting next to me?" I snared.

"No..I-I mean, Tom's not a p-pratt." He continued to mumble.

I raised my eyebrows and turned around. Tom was still staring at the teacher.

"What? Wait, does he have a hold on your life or something?" I scoffed.

"You're lucky he's so protec-...I-I-I mean.." he stuttered over whilst staring past me.

I spun my head around, catching Tom's head spin just in time.

"Right." I softly let out.

I threw all thoughts in the back of my mind and focused back on the lesson.

———————————————————
Thank you for reading. Remember to vote 🙃