His and hers

Y/N Y/L/N POV

Draco was explaining what happened while we ate dinner.

He claimed that my mother may have placed a spell on him right before I shot the killing curse at him, which was the reason why Draco took so long to move.

"But why? What was the spell?" I asked.

"I'm not sure." He sighed. "Sounding similar to a delaying charm."

"I mean, what gain would my mother get from casting a delaying charm on you? Did she want to see me... cry first? Like another test? But that would have to mean she knew you wouldn't die." I threw out.

"Then they know you used my wand!" Draco continued.

"Mother did say there was something I wouldn't like to hear. Something about the robbery scheme." I reminded us. "Maybe she isn't the bad guy and is trying to work from the inside."

"I guess, she did let me live then." Draco put out.

"Yea. What if she wanted to make it believable too. Maybe someone was watching us and she needed to sell her story of killing you first." I gasped.

"That does sound believable." Draco nodded.

"Of course there are also a lot more possibilities, but so far, this one makes the most sense." I let out, eating a cherry.

So, in summary, my mother and father knew I was using Draco's wand. They were tasked to kill Draco but they could be working from the inside. Someone could have been watching the whole thing to make sure Draco did end up dead, so in order to actually make Draco 'die,' they cast a delaying charm on him. It would look like Draco really did die and they would have completed their task. That would mean my parents aren't the bad guys! Please, this has to be why.

Maybe I was a bit biased on this way of thinking, but they were my parents. I'll have to ignore the gut feelings for now.

"Well, what do I do now?" Draco questioned. "Should I continue with everything, or do we need to live a double life?"

"Which one is the safest option?" I put out, the answer being pretty obvious.

He sighed.

"That sounds so tiring though. I mean, you'll have to sell the act and this place can get boring." He spoke.

"I'm sorry. But just to be safe. I'm not letting anything or anyone touch you again unless it's me." I sounded confident.

Draco smiled.

"Ooo... Possessive. I like where this is going." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes but ended up inevitably blushing.

"Ok, no. I'm just not losing you ever again." I tried.

"Mhm," He smirked.

I looked back at my finished plate on my lap, grabbed it, and stood up. I brought them over to a desk and jumped back in bed. Draco placed his plate on the side table and joined me in bed.

I looked at him and he was already staring at me.

Should I still be feeling the butterflies? Because I do, a whole shit ton of them. Why do I always feel this way when looking at him? I'd think the feeling would get old, but it's like it had just begun.

It's so damn stressful now, but I've been able to stay sane.

"So... are we going to sleep or are you just going to keep eyeing me down?" Draco smiled.

"I think I'm good." I cooed while admiring his every feature shamelessly.

We sat on the opposite corners of the bed. I leaned against the bedpost and counted myself so lucky to have such a wonderful sight to look at.