🌹Memories Of Hearts: Part 21🌹

3rd POV
As Y/n and Riddle stand next to each other, they watched what was playing infront of them.

"This was the time I turned 8." Y/n looked at Riddle, who was fixated on the scene infront of them. So, Y/n did what Riddle did. She watched the memory play out.

"Happy Eighth Birthday, Riddle." Riddle's mother spoke. "Your birthday cake this year is a low-sugar, high lectin cake made with soy flour and nuts." Riddles mother explained what was in the cake.

"Thank you, mama. But, um, I.... Just once, I really want to try a tart covered in bright red strawberries..." Little Riddle fiddled with his fingers looking away. His mother had a disapproving look on her face.

"How could you say such a thing! That pastry is a mound of sugar that's more like poison." Riddle's mother scolded Riddle for saying such a thing. But all he wanted is a tart. "One slice will exceed your ideal daily take intake or carbohydrates." She soon straightened her appearance. "Today we're having a tuna sautee with plenty of docosahexanoic and eicosapentaenoic acid. Ah, but at age eight your ideal caloric intake is... Less than 600 calories per meal so don't eat more than 100 grams. Alright?" Riddle' mother told- no, she commanded Riddle as little Riddle looks down on the and nods his head.

"... Yes, mama." Little Riddle answered.

"For so long... A strawberry tart was... What I wanted to eat." Riddle spoke as he gave a heavy sigh. I looked at him with worried eyes. "In the cakes shops around town... They're displayed in the window... Tarts that look like jewels." I soon faced the memory infront of me.

"Let's end your classical magic studies here for today." Riddle's mother told little Riddle as she closed a book. "You have until tomorrow to review the magical ethics that you learned today and get through page 50 of your language philosophy text. To that end, I'll give you an hour to study for your next potions lesson." Riddle's mother soon stands up from her seat and waits for little Riddle's answer.

"Yes, mother." Little Riddle answered his mother as he fiddled with his fingers. She gave an approving nod.

"You mother has an errand to run so I'll be back in an hour." His mother soon left the room as she went to do her errands. Little Riddle soon followed what his mother told him and started to study.

"My every moment was crammed to the brim... With every possible discipline. Time spent learning extended until I could do it." Riddle spoke up once again as Y/n listens carefully. "But for me... This was "Normal"." The memory continued to play as the two watched with heavy hearts.

*Knock knock*

There was a knock at the window as little Riddle looked up from his desk.

"... Someone is knocking at the window?" Riddle stands up from his desk and opens the window that it was knocked on.

"Oh, he came!" A voice spoke out from the window.

"Hey, hey. Come play with us!" Another voice came form the window in a cheery and playful tone.

"Who are you?" Little Riddle asked.

"I'm Che'nya! This is Trey. Let's play croquet." Little Che'nya chimed happily.

"That's Che'nya and Trey?" Y/n muttered under her breath. Surprised from how young they looked to be.

"Huh... I can't. Now is my self-study time. I have to keep studying." Little Riddle declined Che'nya's offer. Little Che'nya tilted his head.