★Magic VS. Monster: Part 13★

Y/n's POV
"Leave! Leave!! Leeeeeaaaaaaavvvvveeee!!!" The monster roared at us. I yelped as I backed up a bit. It soon raised one of its limbs and was about to his Deuce before he could cast a spell.

"DEUCE, LOOK OUT!!!" I yelled but it was too late. Deuce was hit by the monster and went into the rocky wall.

"Gah!" He groaned in pain on the ground. Ace soon stepped up.

"Stand back if you have no control, Mr. Serious! I'll stop it! Ha!" Ace then shoots the monster with his magic but it was in affective. I gulped.

"Wuuuuooooohhhh!" Then the monster soon hit Ace and knocked him to the wall as well.

"This is bad..." I mumbled. I backed up some more.

"Fguuuu!! Stay away!" Grim yelped as he shoots his fire magic as I help out the guys.

"Grrr." The monster let out a low and threatening growl.

"I-It's not working at all." Grim stuttered.

"Not on my watch!!" I shouted as I faced the monster next. I took a deep breath as I shouted out my spell. "FLIPPENDO!!" It was enough to knock the monster back a bit. But something caught my eye. "Did something just sparkle!?"

"Behind that thing! At the end if the tunnel, something..." Ace pointed at the end where we saw the sparkle.

"That light... Is it a magic crystal!?" Deuce mumbled. It seemed to trigger the monster tho.

"Goooooohhh!!! Won't give!!"

"Eep!" I yelped a bit.

"L-L-L-Let's get out of here! We're done for at this rate!" Grim jumped on my shoulder as he finished.

"Couldn't agree more Grim!!" We didn't hesitate to run for the hills until we were safe and out of the way of the monster.

"Goooooohhh!!" I heard the monster growled before we do.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

We sooner arrived at the entrance of the Mine where we can see the old house.

We stopped to catch our breaths. I leaned over, panting with my palms on my knees which were trembling a lot. Ace was on all fours, panting heavily. Deuce leaned against a tree as he steady his fast heartbeat.

"Is that far enough?" Grim asked, flopping down on the ground.

"Oowwww... What in the world was that? No one said anything about that!" Ace sits on the ground as he groaned a bit.

"It didn't seem any old ghost." Deuce said as he went to us.

"What about you N/n? Got any info about that thing?" I shook my head at Ace.

"I've studied a lot about these mines before but... Non of the books said anything about... What ever that thing was." I looked back at the cave for a moment before looking back at the guys.

"Let's give up and go home. I'd rather get expelled than fight that thing." I snapped my head towards Ace so fast that I heard something pop.

"Are you serious!?" I yelled a bit.

"Wha!? Don't screw with me! I'd rather die than face expulsion!" Deuce suddenly flipped switches. "There's a My eyes widened a bit. "There's a magic crystal right in front of us and you wanna go home!" His whole persona became a bit darker.

"Ha. You talk big for someone worst at magic than me. Go alone if you want. I'm done." Ace huffed as he gave a sharp glare at Ace.

"Oh, is that right? Then stay right there cowering like a spineless coward!" Me and Grim were taken aback by Deuce's sudden personality switch. Deuce had his fist in his other hand as he gritted his teeth, looking at Ace with the 'I'll Pound You Into Oblivion' look. (Don't take that out of context people!)