💎The Results: Part 12💎

3rd POV
"Hmph, a poor performance obviously out on by a bunch of amateurs. Out of the question." Vil said to Rook as they discuss on who should join the VDC.

"... I see, I see." Rook nodded. "This concludes the audition for all of you challengers. Tomorrow, only those of you that have passed through the audition will be informed. Look forward to the results!" Rook said to the auditioners in the next room.

"We find out tomorrow, huh? I'm gonna be on pins and needles the whole day." Grim muttered out.

"I was totally off for the whole first verse..." Deuce mumbled to himself.

"Dancing and singing really takes it out of you. Time to get back to the dorm and eat something." Ace added. Soon everyone left Pomefiore.

*Squeak Thud*

"Half of these potatoes came to chill and half were amateurs with some knowledge." Vil muttered. "I cannot lose VDC this year. First let's sort of them with those that received the highest scores from the judges."

"Lovely Vil, hold but a moment." Rook said to Vil. "A jewel that has already been cut and polished will certainly be beautiful. However.... A rough, uncut gem when properly polished has the potential to be made to shine as well as any jewel. They could even shine brighter than gems you already have in your hands."

".... That is a good point, you might be right." Vil muttered. "If I want to get my hands on the highest level of beauty, then I need to do away with conventional thinking. The most important ability is to see through to what kind of jewel will be born when a raw gemstone is polished."

"The potential hidden within imperfect, raw gems. I felt that from the first years that danced last." Rook chuckled softly.

"What? Of everyone that we saw, you pick THOSE potatoes?" Vil was baffled by Rook's picking.

"Let me put it this way, Vil. You can use your beauty as a diamond that s in the gaze of the entire world. A tiara decorated with large jewels wouldn't be bad. Although... A tiara with small, colorful jewels surrounding a large diamond in the center... "Would be all the more outstanding. I think, anyway." Rook said to Vil. "But of course, the final judgement lies with you. I don't mind if you dismiss this ad nonsense." Vil let's out a sigh. "But... I'm sure you're the one who understands the most. Taking on the shine of Neige LeBlanche is going to require more than brushing up on the status quo. We are going to be much more innovative."

".... That's a fair point." Vil sighed. He made up his mind. "Then the members for this year's Vocal & Dance Championship are..."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

<<The Next Day>>

The next day rolled around. The First-year gang were just in the hallways, chatting away about their day.

"Trein caught me sleeping in magic history class and threw more homework at us." Ace sighed.

"I'm tellin' you, that guy is totally casting some kinda sleeping spell on us, just to give out more homework, y'know." Grim added.

"I've been wearing a rubber band around my wrist so I don't fall asleep. The moment I feel drowsy, I snap it and it wakes me right up." Deuce said to the two.

"Do we really have to go that far?" Ace sighed. "How 'bout you, N/n? How do you keep yourself awake the entire time?"

"Yeah, we don't see you even look drowsy in class at all, y'know." Grim added.

"Because I'm statved for more and more knowledge. It's not everyday I get to learn this types of things back then." Y/n muttered out. Ace then remembered something.

"Oh yeah, wasn't today supposed to be... The day we find out the results of the Vocal & Dance Championship audition?" Ace said.

"It's almost lunch break, but we haven't heard anything yet." Grim added.

"If we haven't heard anything at this point, doesn't that mean we failed?" Deuce mumbled.

"Maybe they'll announce it after school's done." Hooty hooted out.

"We should wait a bit longer." Y/n said reassuringly to the group. But then...

*Peeew Thwack*

An arrow was shot at them and got stuck into the wall next to the group. And it nearly have the First-years a heartattack.

"WAAAHHHHH??!!" They yelped out.

"Wh-What the hell?! The hell just flew by?!" Ace stuttered out.

"I felt that whoosh right by my nose guys!!" Deuce added. Y/n had noticed what it was.

"A-An arrow came flying through the window?!" Y/n was practically attached to Ace's arm all frighten.

"There's an arrow stuck in the wall!" Hooty hooted out. He and Owlbert took cover in Y/n's bag.

"Ffnga! An arrow?!" Grim yelped out. "Is there an assassin out for our heads?!"

"Who exactly would be after us?! Wait, hold on! There's a letter tied to that Arrow." Ace said, tugging the arrow out of the wall and grabbing the letter tied to it.

"A letter?! Someone looking for a deul?!" Deuce was ready to throw hands.

"Dude, you gotta quit making everything a fight. Let's see..." Ace muttered, unrolling the letter.

*Rustle*

".... Anyone else getting flashbacks?" Y/n muttered out.

"Oop." Hooty muttered as he and Owlbert sat on either sides of Y/n's shoulders.

""Thank you very much for participating in the audition for the Vocal & Dance Championship. After a long and hard deliberation process, Ace Trappola, and Deuce Spade.... The two of you have passed the audition. Furthermore, please make your way to the Pomefiore ballroom today after classes have adjourned.".... Huh?" Ace blinked.

"... Passed?" Deuce was still processing a bit.

"WHAAAAAAATTTT???!!!" They were all speechless.

"P-P-Passsd means that we've been picked as two of the representatives, right?" Deuce stuttered out, still in shock.

"What else would it mean? Hooray! Now I don't have to spend my time helping Riddle." Ace said with joy.

"Ffgnaaa?! What about me? I put on such an agile performance!" Grim whimpered.

"Bummer that you didn't get in, Y/n." Hooty said to the girl.

"I was sure you were gonna get in, considering the fact that you were better in the audition than me and Ace." Deuce said to Y/n.

"Nah, it's fine. At least you two are happy." Y/n chuckled softly. Although she was a little sad that she didn't get picked, but seeing the two dorks all happy and such is all that she needs.

"Oh, wait. There's more to the letter." Ace said.

"Heh?" They turned their attention back to Ace.

""P.S To Y/n Wonderlin, Prefect of Ramshackle Dorm. We have an announcement for you to please accompany the two mentioned above to Pomefiore." There ya go." Ace said, turning his gaze to his friend.

"I wonder what that could be." Y/n mumbled, tilting her head to the side a bit in curiosity.

"Anyway, we should all go to Pomefiore after class gets out." Deuce said, turning the rest. They nodded in agreement.

"Ffnaa... There goes my dream of 4,000 tuna cans." Grim mopped as he went slump on Ace's shoulder. They soon went on their way. All antsy about what's going to happen after class.

To Be Continued~