★Silent Crowley Ghost: Part 5★

Y/n's POV
"Fugnsaaa!!!!" Grim shoots out one more blast at the ghost.

"Eeeeeeeee!!! We're goners!!! Run away!!!" The ghost freaked out and frightened retreated and ran away as I  panted to catch my breath.

"This day just won't end, will it?" I mumbled as I sat down on the wooden floor.

"E-Eh?! We won!?" Grim asked.

"Amazing!" Even I couldn't believe it myself.

"He-hec.... That was sc.... No, I wasn't scared at all!! This is nothing for the great Grim! How 'bout that, ghosts? Ypu done?" I shook my head as the little ball of fur sat down next to me.

"You did great Grim." I patted his head.

"Good evening. I have graciously brought you supper." Crowley, all of a sudden, came out of nowhere!! I flinched a bit as I stood up and dusted myself off. But then he noticed Grim. "You're the monster that ran amuck during the entrance ceremony! I threw you out of the school. What are you doing here!?" Crowley asked Grim in a rather harshed tone.

"Hmp! I exterminated the ghosts problem! Be grateful!" I just gave a small sigh.

"Hm? What do you mean by that?" Crowley ask with a glint of curiosity in those masked eyes of his. So, me and Grim explained what had happened to us. "Now that you mentioned it, there were some prankster ghosts living here so students keep away from the dormitory." He explained. "And that's why it's now empty. I'd forgotten that." I looked at the man with a blank 'Are You Serious?' look. "However, hmmm... For you two to work together to get rid of them."

"I am not gonna overlook that "Together" comment." I sighed. I have a feeling that he'll be like that a lot. "They were just standing there, waving light at the them. And I did this for a can of tuna.... Ah! I haven't gotten that tuna yet!"

"I'll give it to you in a bit." I said to Grim.

"I'd like the two of you to show me how you exterminated those ghosts." Is he serious!? I don't have that much energy left!! I have to train more later.

"But we already got rid of all the ghosts! Before that: Give. Me. Tuna!" He must be hungry. Did he even eat anything before he got here!?

"I shall be the ghosts." Crowley said.

"Say what now?" I asked confused. I think I'm too tired to even hear anything properly anymore.

"If you beat me, I'll give you two cans of tuna. For I am gracious." Here we go again with that 'Gracious' part. "Transformation Potion!" He then proceeded to drink a small glass vile with some strange liquid and then transformed into a ghost.

"He's not even joking!?" I said in a slight panic. Looks like we have to fight him. How annoying.

"Ehhhhhh! I don't wanna. This is a pain and I have to team up with them again...." Grim huffed in frustration.

"This might be a chance to get into the school!" I exclaimed to the little guy.

"Grr! This is the last time! You absolutely, absolutely have to give me the tuna!" Grim agreed as I pull out my pen.

"Deal." And now, we fight the.... Crowley Ghost?

♪~Time Skip~♪

I'm so tired.... I was now on the floor with Grim, panting and catching our breaths.

"How 'bout that!" Grim looked at Crowley, who is now back to being human.

"I can't believe... There is a person who can command monsters. Hmm... Actually, my teacher-senses were telling me since the uproar during the entrance ceremony... That you have talent as an animal or wild beast trainer." What is this? Pokèmon? "But... No matter how... If I let you in the school, then maybe...." I gasped a bit.

"Could you possibly let Grim stay here with me?" I begged the headmaster as I stand up. I'm a bit shaky but still stable to stand.

"What now? A monster?" The crow asked.

"Y/n....." Grim looks at me as he listens more to what I'm gonna say to the dean.

"Please!" I begged. He gave in.

"Hah.... It can't be helped. Alright."

"Really!?" Me and Grim asked in unison.

"However.  I can't simply slow someone, let alone a monster, into school who wasn't selected by the Dark Mirror. Also, I can't let you be a freeloader here until we find out what Perpose you are here for." I gave a sigh.

"Well... Take about short-lived joy...." Me and Grim huffed.

"Listen until the end." I nodded at the man. "Concerning the fact that your soul was called here.... The school has to take responsibility as the owners of the Dark Mirror. For the time being, you'll be permitted to stay in this dormitory for free." That sounds suspicious. There must be something attached to this deal he's giving us. "But..." And here it is. "Other necessities you will have to provide for yourself."

"Of course...." I said to Crowley. 'Why am I not surprised by this?' I thought.

"Seeing as you might have a few things with you..... Hmmm... Here is my proposition."

"What exactly are you gonna make me do?" I huffed. What did I get myself into!?

"No need to fret, I'll make you do maintenance and odd jobs around campus. From what could see, you're pretty decent at cleaning." He's not wrong. I just mostly take care of myself and my familiar. "You will become the Handyman of this school. This way you will receive special permission to remain on school grounds. You'll also be able to research or study whatever you desire in the school library. For I am gracious." I have to get used to that line. "However. Only after your work is done."

"I'm not ok with that!!!" Grim exclaimed, frustrated. "I wanna wear that fancy uniform and be a student!"

"It's fine if you're unsatisfied. I'll simply toss you out again." Crowley explained with an almost cheerful tone in his voice.

"Fgna!! I-I get it! I just have to do it. Just do it!" Grim gave in to the offer.

"Understood." I nodded.

"Wonderful. Then, you two... Starting tomorrow, endeavor to be the best handyman at Night Raven Collage!" He then gave a few things before leaving.

"This is gonna be some ride...."

To Be Continued~