🐚 Sleepless Nights: Part 18🐚

3rd POV
In the Savanaclaw Dorm, Y/n finally returned and went to the shared room of Leona. And once she entered the room, Ruggie had a surprise for the Ramshackle residents.

"Today, I'm going to have you clean Leona's room." Ruggie said.

"What." Y/n said with a glare.

"Work to earn you keep, Herbivores." Leona said smirking.

"I'm not your maid." Y/n growled.

"Worked to death by Azul and worked to death by Leona.... I'm dead on my feet here. Boohoohoo..." Grim whimpered.

"First, you're gonna wanna get all the clothes strewn about into the laundry basket then organize the stuff on his desk." Ruggie instructed them. "Accessories go in this drawer, books over on that case. After putting everything away, wipe it down with a rag."

"You're not a kid so at least clean up after yourself." Hooty huffed.

"Huh? You say something?" Leona turned to the Snowy Owl.

"Eeep... Nothing at all." Hooty yelped as he hid behind Y/n.

"Time to get this messy desk cleaned..." Grim mumbled as everyone reluctantly did thier job. "Oh!?" Grim yelped softly to himself. "There's a bunch of expensive looking accessories just sitting here. And his wallet too! If he's got this much then he probably wouldn't notice if one went missing, right? It's his fault for being so defenseless. Heeheehee..." Grim smirked as he reached out for one but his paw was slapped by Ruggie.

"Stop that. That's the one I'm aft... No. He'll notice right away if it goes missing." Ruggie said to Grim. "Leona, I'm always telling you to stop leaving your valuables out in the open." Ruggie sighed at Leona. "It's too late if they get taken!"

"Shut up. Are you my mom or something? It's not that big 'a deal if it gets stolen. It doesn't matter what I do with it." Leona said to Ruggie. "If someone's got the guts to steal from me then go ahead."

"I'm telling you that it is a big deal." Ruggie sighed again at the lion. "It's the ones who treat money frivolously that cry over one Madol. This is what you get being raised with privilege..."

While everyone was busy doing there own thing, Y/n was deep in thought. She was thinking about what Tsunotaro had said to her. Then it drifted off to the gargoyles conversation.

"They may look terrifying but..." He soon faced Y/n with a smile. "They are something that dearly cares for the home."

"Struggle with all your might and prove you can protect your dorm." It soon hit her like a flying disk to her head.

"THAT'S IT----!!!" Y/n accidentally yelled out.

"Waaah!! What happened?" Grim and Hooty yelped out.

"Don't go shouting all of the sudden." Leona growled at the girl.

"He puts them in a vault because they aren't invincible!" Y/n explained with a bright smile.

"Huh...?" Ruggie hummed with a small smile.

"... Hah! Hahaha! That's it, now I see!" Leona chuckled. "You thought of something pretty interesting."

"What? What do you mean by "Interesting"?" Grim was dumbfounded.

"In short..." Leona said smiling. Y)n nodded as she started to explain the details. After a minute or two, Grim finally understood.

"I got it!!! Y'know!!" Grim said with a smile. "Now that we know the contracts' weak point we have to sneak into Octavinelle immediately and..." But before Grim could finish, Ruggie interrupted him.

"There's one more problem." Ruggie stated.

"Ffna?" Grim hummed confused.

"If your hunch is correct then the Leech brothers will be there to run interference." Ruggie explained to Grim. "Honestly, you're going to need a better strategy for dealing with  them than the vault, I think."

"Crap. It felt like we were really onto something." Grim gritted his teeth.

"So, if we do something about the Leech brothers....?" Y/n mumbled.

"Hey. What're you thinking now? I think I've got the general idea but..." Leona said to Y/n. "I will absolutely not help. Getting involved in troublesome stuff just isn't my style. Anything related to that Octo-punk, more so."

"No way, no way. Just give up now." Ruggie added with a small sigh.

"Hmph. You're a cold jerk." Hooty puffed out his feathers like he's pouting.

"Grim, Hooty, Owlbert... Get ready." Y/n said as the Ramshackle residents smirked, eyes glowing in the darkness of the room. "Be Prepared."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Y/n's POV
"A romantic.... Evening?" It was another dream. But first if all, why does it have to be romantic?

"At least tell me your name." It was Prince Eric and the Mermaid Princess. They were in a boat.

"Her name is Ariel!" A small red crab whispered in Eric's ear.

"That's a pretty name... Ariel." Eric said as he and Ariel smiled at each other. Soon the boat was flipped over thanks to the two eels in the water. The dream shifted to underwater where the Sea Witch is.

"That girl is tougher than I thought." Ursula gritted her teeth. "I'll show you what my magic is really capable of!!" The dream shifted again, and this time, Ursula has Ariel in her tentacles and the King was confronting them.

"Ursula, enough! Release my daughter." King Triton shouted at Ursula.

"She belongs to me now." Ursula said to King Triton as she shows him the contract that she signed. "But I'll gladly make a trade. Her, for someone more valuable. King Triton, accept the deal and sign the contract!" Everything soon faded away to black.

"She wanted everything from the start. Are dreams I'm having lately linked to reality...?" I mumbled. I wait for myself to wake up but it transitioned to another dream.... A memory.

"Papa, someday I will meet my prince when I grow up." I remembered this memory. "And he will be dreamy too." It was me when I was younger. My adopted parents were still alive back then.

"Of course you will." Cass, my adoptive mother chuckled.

"But you know, Y/n. Your prince doesn't have to be dreamy." Norman, my adoptive father, told me as he ruffled my hair. "What you're looking for is that he should be brave, kind, protective, caring." I remembered his words. "Someone who is..."

"Always going to be there...." I mumbled.

"By your side." With that, I woke up with tears in my eyes. Not sad tears... But happy ones.

"Mom... Dad...." I muttered. I then heard grunts and groans. Why am I not surprised that it was Leona. "Good morning." I said as I got up.

"Huh?" Leona was finally awake. ".... Are you already awake?"

"What do you think I am? Sleepwalking?" I rolled my eyes at the Lion.

".... How dare you look well rested. Thanks to you I couldn't sleep at all..." I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Oi, Herbivore. Why are you crying again?"

"Huh? Ah, I did realized it." I wiped away the the tears from my cheeks.

"Another nightmare or something?" Leona asked as he stretched.

"Mom" I shook my head. "It was a memory...." I smiled to myself.

"Judging by that smile of yours, it must've been a happy memory." Leona said as I nod. "Tch... Today is the promised third day. No matter how it goes, I'm throwing you guys out at sunset. Be Prepared."

"Yeah, yeah. I know, I know." I sighed. I hope this works out in the end.

~~*~~1 Day Remaining To Complete Azul's Contract~~*~~

To Be Continued~