💎Video Ad: Part 10💎

3rd POV
"Why do so many people here have super hearing? This room is pretty noisy, but he heard us from 10 meters away." Ace muttered out.

"The omnidirectional microphone that my brother gave me can pick up a person's whisper from up to 50 meters away." Ortho said to Ace.

"Oh, very impressive. There's very few fae or beastmen that posses hearing that sharp." Lilia was impressed by this.

"Right! My brother is amazing." Ortho giggled out. He then cleared his throat before continuing. "Just so you know, the headmaster gave us his express permission for the two of us to attend classes together. He didn't just bring me to school with him because he's lonely."

"Oh-Ohh, I see. Sorry, sorry." Cater stuttered an apology to Ortho. "You Shroud brothers are as mysterious as one of the Seven Mysteries of NRC so we just got ahead of ourselves."

"We didn't know. Sorry about that." Y/n said to Ortho.

"It's fine, as long as you understand now. And I'm sorry for overreacting." Ortho nodded back to them. "I don't want you getting the wrong idea about my brother..."

'He's the elusive "Actually A Nice Kid"...' Y/n thought to herself.

"By the way, are you here for the VDC audition too?" Cater asked the flamed hair boy.

"Yep, that's right! My brother...."

~Flashbacks~

In Ignihyde, more specifically, Idia's room, clacks and clinks were heard all around.

*Clack Clack*

"I know I told Riddle that I'd practice my speech for the research presentation at the dorm head meeting, but... No matter how many times I run simulations in my head there's no way I'm getting up in front of people and just going at it!" Idia said. Well, through his tablet that is. "Not that I wanna make Riddle blow a gasket... After all that thinking, I came to the conclusion to just build my own voice bank and... Finally, I've gotten it to the point that it will speak in real time as I type, so it'll sound totally natural as it reads my report. It doesn't even sound like me anymore, the lines are coming out so smoothie! And it flows so well that you can't te its a voice synthesizer! What do you think, Ortho? Calling it perfect would be an understatement. No one's ever gonna notice that this is just a computer generated copy of my voice!"

"It's so awesome, brother! You thought of the perfect solution!" The younger Shroud said to his brother.

"Right? And, you know, I've actually got a pretty great voice!" Idia said proudly. "This'll make the Q&A section a breeze! Hee hee hee! Tech really does have the advantage when it comes to "If There's A Will, There's A Way"! My apologies to all those geniuses out there."

"Yeah! I'm sure Mr. Riddle Rosehearts will be blown away." Ortho agreed with his brother.

"Nope, nope, nope! U-Until my presentation is over, we can't let him know." Idia stuttered out to Ortho nervously. This time, he's really talking, not through the tablet. "I gotta wait for that rule devotee to compliment my speech with that smug smirk of his, then... I'll ask him why he didn't notice it was a synthed voice, like an ameture! And I'll get to point and laugh at him in the end. Hee hee hee." A smug smirk was on Idia's face.

"Good grief, brother... You shouldn't pick on your underclassmen so much." Ortho sighed.

"It's fine, don't worry." Idia said to Ortho reassuringly. "Sure, he's a year younger but he's been at his dorm head thing for longer. That kinda makes him my senior in a way. Although... Now that I've stepped into the world of voice synth. I found that there is a LOT more to it than I thought. Virtual idols are poppin' off lately, so I'm thinking about giving you some sort of vocal synthesizer."