💍More Than Pretty Faces: Part 12💍

3rd POV
"This is the wedding her highness has been wishing for, for hundreds of years.... We won't stand for any interference." The Housekeeper Ghost said.

"The intruders must be stopped!" The Groundskeeper Ghost added.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

At the stairwell, the Ramshackle residents, Ace, Epel, and Rook rushed through up the stairs.

"I still don't get how're you fast in those things." Ace said to Y/n.

"Trust me, me either." Y/n said to the strawberry blonde.

"Look out!!" Hooty hooted out. Soon, more ghosts appeared as they blast through with magic.

"Hold it!!" One of the Ghosts shouted.

"These ghastly guards just keep multiplying....!" Epel yelped out.

"They are just as serious as we are. I'd expect nothing less from someone who's been waiting to get married for 500 years." Rook muttered out. A sly smirk appeared on his face.

"Raaaah!!" Ace yelped out as he sent another blow to the ghosts. "... Yeah well, they're super annoying!"

"Annoying.... You certainly not incorrect. But don't you have to admire their determination?" Rook said to Ace.

"Admire? Is now really the time to be tossing compliments around!?" Ace sighed.

"Everyone has something they can't give up, so I understand how they must feel in this moment." Rook said back to Ace. "Surely....." Rook soon blasts the ghosts with his bouquet. "it's the same as my need to protect all of you."

"Rook..." Y/n mumbled out.

"Crap, that archer took one of us out!" One of the Ghost yelped out.

"He saw right through us... We even went as far as to conceal our presence to capture them!" Another ghost groans out.

"Well of course, Monsieur. There's nobody who can hide from me." Rook said smiling. ".... Everyone, could you go on ahead?" Rook said as he glanced back at the others behind him.

"What!?" Ace and Y/n yelped out.

"Unless you're on the same level as my dorm head you don't stand a..." Ace was cut off by Epel.

"Ace, Y/n, we gotta go!" Epel said to the two.

"This time around you're sure rarin' to go!" Ace said to Epel.

"... Ace, take a good look at his face." Epel and Y/n said to the boy.

"Face?" Ace took a glance at Rook.

"Fufufu..." Rook chuckled softly. He has a smile on his face but the look in his eyes says a different story. "There's something I've always been curious about! How exactly one goes about hunting a ghost. Ghosts don't really have a physical body but can they be frozen with magic? Do they react like a cloud? Can you cram them in a bottle?"

"C-Cram us in a bottle? There's some scary stuff coming out of this guy's mouth!" One of the ghosts stuttered out nervously.

"Any hunter's blood would be racing with their unassuming prey right in front of them." Rook said to the ghosts as he slowly approach them.

"Eeek. S-Stay away!" One of the ghosts stuttered out. All of the ghosts were afraid of Rook at this point.

".... Saying he wanted to protect us was just a front. That guy's having the time of his life." Ace sighed. Y/n just stares at Rook with a 'You Serious' look.