💎The Power Of Their Own: Part 28💎

3rd POV
"And that's what happened." Epel finished telling Deuce what happened between him and Vil.

"Are you telling me that you picked a fight with a dorm head on day one!?" Deuce yelped out.

"At the time I had no idea just how strong dorm heads are!" Epel said back to Deuce. "Didn't you and Ace get into a fight with your dorm head right after school started!?"

"Urgh! That wasn't exactly a fight..." Deuce muttered out.

"In my hometown, being big, buff, and manly were the only things that made you "Strong"." Epel said to Deuce, now both feeling calmer. "Since I look like this, I've always been picked on. Thinking about it now, I don't think Vil was necessarily making fun of me, but..."

"I get it. You didn't want to be underestimated from the very start." Deuce said to Epel reassuringly.

"In the end, I've had to keep my mouth shut since I haven't beaten Vil once." Epel sighed.

"I see, so that's what was going on during the dance lesson." Deuce mumbled out. "Rook was right, that wasn't any old fight."

"Vil said that if I beat him then I can act however I want, but I can't." Epel muttered out. "I wanna get stronger." Deuce let's a small gasp escape his lips as the two listen to the lapping waves on the shore.

"Kalim, Rook, and Y/n said something to me earlier right before we left campus." Deuce mumbled out. "They said that we have to take good care of the power that's unique to us. So I thought about what that could mean for me. The thing that counts has my power.... Might just be how much of an idiot I am."

"What? But weren't you just saying that that's something you hate about yourself?" Epel was confused.

"Yeah, but it also means I can act without overthinking things." Deuce said to Epel. Epel let's out a small gasp. "I'm not smart enough to think about a bunch of stuff at the same time. But that's exactly why, once I've made up my mind on something, I chase down my goal as fast as I can. This has to be a power that's unique to me. My weak point is my strong point."

"Even if you say that, it still doesn't sit right with me." Epel muttered out. "For me, that would be my appearance, right. You're telling me that being dainty and having a girly face is strong...."

*Ring*

Them a phone started to ring.

"It's my phone. This number... Someone from home is calling?" Epel muttered out as he answers his phone.

*Beep*

"Hello?" Epel said to whom ever is calling him.

"Epel!? What'd you end up doing with that juice!?" It was Epel's mom.

"Huh? You mean the apple juice? Y'all told me to share it with my friends, so that's what I did." Epel said to his mother.

"We're getting a bunch of orders from all over the world!" Epel's mom said to Epel.

"Come again!?" Epel yelped out.

"I asked some of the customers what made them order it. I wanted to know how they heard about it. They all said they saw it on "Vil Shöenheit's Camera", or something like that!" Epel's mom chuckles out. "Isn't Vil your dorm head?"

"Vil's camera.... Wait, you mean his Magicam!? H-Hold on a sec." Epel stuttered out as he opens his Magicam App.

*Mute*

"My routine. #oneglassafterlessons #villageofharvestapplejuice #allnatural #goodforskin." Vil said in his Magicam post.

"She's right. Vil uploaded pictures of your apple juice to his Magicam!" Deuce yelped out.

"The phones are ringing nonstop, and we're running around like chickens with our heads cut off here!" Epel's mom said through the phone. "We talked to the union and asked some people from the neighborhood to help. But the shipments just won't make it in time! Everyone was worried about what we'd do with all the surplus, so we're ecstatic! Thank you so much! Give Vil my thanks, would ya?"

*Ring Ring*

Multiple rings of phones where heard in the background on the other side of the line.

"Well, things are crazy on our end, so I'm gonna hang up. Make sure to share that juice with everyone." Epel's mom chuckles out before ending the call.

*Bzzt*

"Wait, mom-- she hung up." Epel sighed.

"Amazing. There's a bunch of comments from people saying that they ordered the juice on Vil's post." Deuce mumbled out. Epel soon let's out a small gasp as his eyes widened. He soon realized something...

"You talk about "Cute" and "Strong" like they're different things, but... Not of those things have power in equal measure." Epel Finally understood what Vil meant. "So as long as you fail to understand that, you will never beat me."

"Is this the power of Vil's beauty!?" Epel yelped out. (A/n: that and a lot of Simps.)

"You might be right. Vil can pull something amazing like this off, because he worked to polish his beauty." Deuce muttered out. "It's nothing you can accomplish with just magic or talent."

"I wonder if this was the strength that Vil was taking about?" Epel mumbled. "A strength that I only have right now... Does he want me to try fighting using my "Adorableness"?"

"That night be it. We won't be able to get smarter or tougher overnight." Deuce mumbled out. "But if it's a battle of who's cuter, I don't think there's anyone that could beat you in the whole school!"

"Ugh! I have some complicated feelings about that, I think." Epel muttered out, a bit embarrassed about the compliment he got from Deuce. "Still... I will only look like this for so long. Next year, I could hit a growth spurt, bulk up, and even grow a beard."

"I-I wonder about that." Deuce chuckled out softly.

"I I can show off the full-power of my cuteness that Vil recognized at VDC this year... Then it could help everyone in the village a lot more than being able to lift a bunch of juice boxes." Epel said as he lifts his head up high proudly. His eyes filled with determination.

"Yeah. It might be a weakness that we want to look away from now, but that is still our power." Deuce added. "So we gotta polish the hell outta it, and burst out if our shell. We need to use every trick we've got to beat our rivals. Bring it freaking on!"

"You're right about that!" Epel chuckles out.

"Epel, this year's VDC.... We have to take first place and show Ace and Vil how great we are!" Deuce said smiling proudly to Epel.

"Yeah! We'll show them just what our power can do!" Epel gave a bright smile. The two gave each other high five and laughed. Now, their path was clear.

"Whoa, check out this special made Magical Wheel!"

To Be Continued~