💎Heart To Spade: Part 25💎

3rd POV
"... Il. Vil!" Someone called out to Vil, making Vil snap out of his trance. "What is the matter? It isn't like you to stand around spacing out." Rook asked Vil concerned. "You look as if even you can get shaken up when a cute little kitty turns their fangs on you."

"You're seeing things. Could you knock it off?" Vil glared at the hunter.

"Vil, what if you showed Monsieur Crapapple in a way he can understand?" Rook suggested to Vil. "The power that your beauty holds."

"Hmph. Very well." Vil nodded softly at the loyal hunter.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Back with Ace, and the others, they were just chatting along the halls until...

"Ace. Can I talk to you?" Y/n called to the strawberry blonde.

"What is it?" Ace turned dto the girl, stopping in his tracks.

"Why did you say that to Deuce?" Y/n asked. Her soft look made a complete 180.

"Huuuh? Don't tell me that you're going soft on him t-" Ace was interrupted.

"Why. Did you. Say it?" Y/n emphasized. A glare formed in her eyes.

"Because he was being a complete annoyance in the practices! Him and Epel are slowing our practices down a lot. I just said to truth is all. It's all their fault in the first place." Ace answered. Until....

*SLAP!!*

"Eh!?" Jamil and Kalim yelped out.

"What was that for!?" Ace said, placing his hand on the cheek where Y/n slapped him.

"You insensitive little jerk!! How could you say that!?" Y/n yelled at Ace. Her voice boomed in the halls. This made the boys froze into their place. "Just because you're getting better in dancing and singing doesn't mean you get to look down at them!!" She then pulled on the front of Ace's shirt. "You're Deuce's friend right!? Start being like one you jerk!!" Y/n soon let's go of Ace and ran to where Deuce should be.

"What's her deal?" Ace stuttered out.

"She's right, y'know." Girl said to Ace as he, Hooty, and Owlbert followed behind the girl.

"Oof, that shook him to his core." Hooty hooted out.

"Haha! The look on his face too!" Grim laughed. "Let's get back to Y/n and fast."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Outside of Pomefiore's building, Deuce stands outside to take breather.

"I really screwed up." Deuce sighed out. "I completely lost my temper. That's not something an honor student should do. I'm such a loser for getting so pissed when he hit the nail on the head."

"So this is where you went." Y/n said to Deuce. "You seem pretty down in the dumps." Deuce slowly turned to the Ramshackle residents.

"Your kind managers have decided to bring you something to drink, y'know." Grim said to Deuce.

"Y/n. Grim. Hooty. Owlbert. I'm sorry for running out like that." Deuce stuttered out an apology.

"For real dude. If you don't win this competition, then my dream of a tuna-can-treasure-trove goes up in smoke." Grim huffed out. "so you and Epel need to get your heads back on straight and return to practice."