🐚Bad Taste: Part 13🐚

3rd POV
The Ramshackle residents soon arrived at the Cafeteria on time for breakfast once they were done preparing themselves for the day.

"Breakfast after a good workout is amazing, y'know! I crave meat more than usual." Grim said as he kicked in his roasted chicken sandwich.

"Oh yeah, that's right... So why did y'all decide to do something as dumb as making a deal with that Octo-punk?" Leona sked as he swallowed his omurice with grilled lamb. "Thanks to that, my room shrank."

"Well, you see..." Hooty trailed off, having a difficult time explaining.

"It's about the Anemones..." Y/n said while pointing at Grim's Anemone on his head. "Grim, Ace, and Deuce made a contract with Azul so they could take the easy way in taking the final exams. But the condition is that they need to make it to the top 50. And since they didn't make it in, they do Azul's bidding." Y/n briefly explained to the lion as he rested her head in her left palm. "And now, I have to get them out of their stupid mistake." She groaned lightly.

"Hah! You made a deal to free all those idiots that entered contracts for the final exam!?" Leona laughed. "Hahaha! This is rich. Sends a chill down my spine."

"Ah, shut up." Y/n groaned as she took a bite of her F/B/F.

"There was that rumor about how amazing Azul's test notebooks were." Ruggie chimed into the convo. "I can totally understand why someone would want it."

"Does that mean you two didn't make a deal with Azul for the test?" Jack asked. "Leona seems like the one who'd wanna take it easy the most.... Ah, no, never mind."

"Idiot. Who in their right mind would make a deal with that cheating bastard because they want to?" Leona rolled his eyes at Jack and sighed. "I have made a deal before because the situation called for it but... The conditions weren't anything crazy."

"Yeah, he's not the kind of guy you wanna rely on casually." Ruggie sighed. "But he is a skilled wizard that can make even the most outlandish wishes come true."

"When making a deal, the one who wants something has the disadvantage." Leona explained. "There's any number of ways to dupe Herbivores that can't think on their feet and will sign a contract without considering it carefully."

"Now I'm really nervous about this..." Hooty shivered. Y/n gave him head pats to calm him down as she smiled softly.

"Can we beat him...." Y/n mumbled softly as her smile faded.

"Tell me about it. What kind of condition did he gave you?" Leona asked with his arms crossed over his chest.

It took 3 minutes to explain to Leona about the conditions Azul gave them. Ruggie also listens to it, he was as curious as Leona.

"By the time the sun sets on the third day..." Leona mumbled.

"Sneak into the Atlantica Memorial Museum and take a certain photo..." Ruggie added. Y/n grunted as she laid her head in her arms in the table. "You have... My condolences." Ruggie patted Y/n's shoulder.

"You shouldn't say stuff like that when the game has just begun, y'know!" Grim huffed.

"To begin with, isn't the Atlantica Memorial Museum under water? How exactly do you plan to get there?" Ruggie asked.

"Azul gave us a potion that'll let us breath underwater." Hooty said as he faced the Hyena.

"We don't know how well it'll work, though." Jack added.

"It'll work just fine if it's from Azul." Ruggie reassured them. "I don't think his pride would let him make a subpar potion."

"... Hmph." Leona grunted a little. He nudged Y/n a bit. The girl looked up at the lion, her head still in her arms. "Then shouldn't you hurry up and get a move in? Time is money, they say."

"Ffna! Oh yeah. We should get going to the Atlantica Memorial Museum ASAP!" Grim said as he shoved the rest of his food down his mouth and tugged on Y/n's sleeves.

"You're right. We've only got three days. There's no time to drag our feet." Jack added. A sigh was hear from the only female on the table.

"You're right, your right. Let's go and get this over with. I want my Dorm back." Y/n said as she stands up, slings her bag over her shoulder and left the Cafeteria. Jack and the other Ramshackle Dorm Residents followed behind.

"We'll meet up with Ace and Deuce on the way. We're off!" Grim said as he hopped on Jack's shoulder. Once they a left, Ruggie turned to Leona.

".... Aaaahhahhh, there they go, Leona, you're so mean." Ruggie teased Leona. "Especially to Masochi-Kitty Y/n."

"... Hah, I don't know what you mean." Leona said smirking at Ruggie.

"Achoo!"

"Bless you, Y/n." Jack said to Y/n.

"Thanks." Y/n thanked Jack. "Guess someone was talking about me." She mumbled. Soon, they were united with Ace, and Deuce as they went to the Mirror Chamber. Y/n soon took out the bottle Azul gave them.

"This potion we got from Azul, is it really going to allow us to breathe underwater?" Deuce asked as he held the bottle in his hands.

"Wondering won't do us any good. We have to just drink it." Jack said.

"But what about us!? Us Owls aren't so great in the water. Especially Owlbert since he's made out of wood." Hooty said.

"I think I know a spell that could help." Y/n said as she pulled out her Magical Pen. "Ebublio." Y/n casted her spell on Hooty and Owlbert as they got into bubbles, big enough for them to move around in.

"Why don't we us that spell instead?" Ace asked.

"Can't. It'll only work if it's the whole things not parts of it." Y/n explained as she put her pen back. "So the potion's out bets option."

"Well then, do this on "Go". Ready?" Ace said as everyone nodded. "Go!" With that signal, everyone chugged down the thier share of the potion.

"Ugh... Thi-This is..." Deuce stutters as he put his hand over his mouth.

"Blegh. It taste like dried frog mixed with rotten mushrooms, y'know!" Grim yelped out, disgusted.

"What kind of example is that? What the hell are you eating?" Jack questioned the monster as he coughed. "This flavor is a punch in the face..."

"The way potions taste is a serious problem if you ask me. How the hell do adults put up with this?" Ace sighed. "... Blegh."

"It's giving me Polly Juice Flashbacks." Y/n said with her hands over her mouth. "Trust me, you don't wanna know."

"Effectiveness is more important than taste. Hm..." Deuce started to notice something. "What? It's getting hard to breath...!?" Deuce choked out as he was starting to gasp for air. And soon, everyone who has taken the potion started to feel the same as Deuce.

"Are our lungs starting to adjust for underwater breathing?" Jack chocked out. Ace was huffing for air.

"... Shit, this is really hard. Let's just get to the ocean!" Ace yelled.

"Mirror, Mirror on the wall!" Jack started.

"Lead us to the Coral Sea!" Everyone yelled out as the mirror soon shined and glowed. Everyone was now transported to the Coral sea.

To Be Continued~