💎At The Seaside: Part 26💎

3rd POV
At the frosty path of Main Street, Epel slows down and stops completely. His thoughts were clouded in what Vil had said to him before he ran off.

"Everything's really screwed up." Epel sighed. "All because the Dark Mirror decided to sort me into Pomefiore!"

"You talk about "Cute" and "Strong" like they're different things, but... Both of those things have power in equal measure." Vil's words echoed once again in his mind. "So long as you fail to understand it, you will never beat me."

"So he says, but I don't get it." Epel mumbled out. ".... What should I do now?"

*Vroom*

Something was heading it's way to Epel. And it was fast.

"Hm? What is that? I hear an engine on campus?" Epel muttered out.

*Skid*

It soon came. Well, more like he soon came.

"So this is where you went, Epel." It was Deuce.

"Huh? Deuce!? Why are you riding a Magical Wheel!?" Epel stuttered out, shocked tht Deuce was on a Magical Wheel in campus grounds.

"Ignihyde planned to present this during the culture festival, but they let me borrow it as a huge favor." Deuce explained briefly to Epel. "Epel, come with me for a bit."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Soon, Deuce drove the Magical Wheel until they reached their destination. And that is the Seaside.

*Vroom*

*Screech*

"Alright, we're here." Deuce mumbled out, making a complete stop.

"Y-You sure put the pedal to the metal more than expected, that scared me." Epel said, letting out a small gasp.

"Huh, r-really? I thought I was going pretty slow... Y'know what, never mind." Deuce mumbled out, shrugging it off lightly. "Anyway, Ignihyde sure know how to build a good custom Magical Wheel. It's got so many features that just getting used to riding it took a lot of effort."

"It felt really nice. I like going for drives." Epel giggled out. "But was it okay? We left campus without getting permission first."

"Ugh... I was so determined to leave campus that I didn't remember the whole permission thing until we left. We'll just have to get yelled at together later." Deuce let's out a nervous chuckle.

*Ping!*

"Eh? Y/n messaged me." Deuce said as he look at the text message on his phone from the girl.

Y/n🌸
Don't worry! I've got you covered.

You and Epel have a good talk. 😊✌️

"Haha. She's a good friend." Epel chuckled out.

"Yeah, she really is." Deuce said with a soft smile on his face, putting away his phone.

"I wonder if Vil and the others are blowing a gasket right now." Epel let's out a laugh. The soft sounds of the waves lapping in the shore was calming for the two first-years. "This might be the first time I've seen the ocean since coming to this island."

"Night Raven Collage is located in the northern mountains of Sage's Island after all." Deuce said to Epel.

"And then there's Royal Sword Academy along the southern coast, right." Epel said to Deuce but then let's out a gasp. "Wait, is that Royal Sword Academy?" Deuce then looks over to where Epel was looking at.

A shining white Castle structure was at the other side of the coast. There lies Royal Sword Academy in all it's glory. Perfectly fitted for any prince.

"It's amazing... It s a school, but it looks like a castle a king would live in." Epel muttered out in complete awe.

"I've only ever seen it from far off on the observation deck at school, so this is my first time seeing it up close too. Those buildings are really brilliant." Deuce mumbled out.

"The older guys in the Magift Clubs says only pretty boys, obsessed with thier looks go there, but... That's where Neige, who will be in VDC, goes too." Epel mumbled out. Deuce let's in a deep breath before...

"I'M NOT GOING TO LOSE!!!!!!!!! YOU GOT THAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" Deuce yells out loud.

"Wh-What's gotten into you, Deuce? Why are you shouting all of the sudden?" Epel let's out a surprised gasp from the sudden shout by Deuce.

I KNOW I'M DUMB AS ROCKS AND SLOW ON UPTAKE!!!!" Deuce continues his shouting. Epel let's out a small gasp. "I CAN'T LOSE MY BAD DELINQUENT HABITS, AND I'M QUICK TO GET MAD AND START THROWING HANDS! BUT I'M STILL DOING MY ABSOLUTE BEST!! THAT JERK ACE KEEPS MAKING A FOOL OF ME AT EVERY TURN! DON'T SCREW WITH ME! SOMEDAY I'LL BE A REAL HONORS STUDENT, AND THEN YOU CAN EAT MY DUST!!!! IM DEFINITELY GOING TO CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Phew, I feel so much better!"

"You... You scared me." Epel has no words.

"For the longest time, I've always come out to the ocean whenever things weren't going my way." Deuce said turning to Epel. "And I feel so much better after shouting a whole bunch... I've always been slow on the uptake for as long as I can remember. Even when I'd seriously hit the books, my grades always end up below average. I constantly made the excuse that I just want good at it all and kept looking for the easiest path. I thought, "I'm not using my all at this. So of course, I'm not going to be good at this. Anyone who tries so hard is just lame.""

"I see..." Epel mumbled softly.

"I fooled around for years and became an unstoppable delinquent that made his mom cry. It was then that my acceptance letter from the prestigious Night Raven Collage arrived." Deuce said to Epel. "Then I thought that if I was in a new environment that I might be able to change from this unsalvageable version of myself. "This is my chance!""

"Have you changed since coming here?" Epel asked.

"Not at all. I look the part of an honor student, but I'm still the same guy on the inside." Deuce sighed. "I'm still that dumb delinquent. Nothing has been going right. But there's something I realized after coming to this school. Those people that are really good at something are working their asses off behind the scenes." Deuce's mind went to Riddle Rosehearts, and Leona Kingscholar. "Even if the means are embarrassing, or unflattering, or unsavory... Those that "can do it" never give up." It soon went to Azul Ashengrotto, and Vil Shöenheit. And of course, Y/n Wonderlin.

"Deuce..." Epel muttered.

"The reason I invited you out here is because I thought we might be the same." Deuce said to Epel.

"Huh?" Epel yelps out a bit.

"You always have things that you want to say, but you hold them in, right?" Deuce said. "I get the feeling that you're spinning your wheels, wanting to change, but not being able to."

"Yeah, you might be right." Epel nodded.

"I'm the only one here, so take everything you've wanted to say and shout it out at the top of your lungs." Deuce gave Epel a small reassuring smile. "You'll feel a lot better just from doing that!"

"Okay... I'll do it." Epel soon took a deep breath in. "Hhhhhh....."

To Be Continued~

A/n
BAD BOY DEUCE, BAD BOY DEUCE, BAD BOY DEUCE, BAD BOY DEUCE!!!! AAAHHHHH I'M A SIMP!!!!