🌹Red Paint & White Roses: Part 3🌹

Y/n's POV
"I feel like I've seen this before..." I mumbled.

"... Hm? Do you all need something?" The ginger asked us four.

"What are you doing with all that?" Ace asked as we look at him confused on what is he doing with the red paint.

"This? As you can see, I'm painting the roses red." The ginger smiled. I blinked a bit.

"Eh? Why would you?" Deuce asked as him and Ace were in a bit of a shock.

"Hmm, your fresh reaction is so cute!" Um... What? It was my turn to be shocked. He's really upbeat. "Now that I take a good look at you, you're the freshmen that busted the 10,000,000 Madol Chandelier yesterday." I sighed as I heard the incident again.

"We're gonna hear about the chandelier until the day we graduate..." Ace sighed as I nod.

"You can say that again." I mumbled.

"And you're the one who added on more punishment by stealing the dorm leader's tart last night!" The ginger added as he face Ace. "I feel so lucky getting to meet the notorious newcomers first thing in the morning." He beamed. This guy is a curious case. "Hey, hey, hey! Let's take a selfie!" He then proceeded to wrap his arm around my shoulder as the boys were behind us and Grim in my arms. "Yay!" He chimed as he took the picture. I had to blink a few times to get the bright flash out of my eyes. "Can I put this on Magicam? Tell me your names so I can put you in the tags." He asked.

"I'm Deuce Spade." Deuce answered.

"Ace." Ace answered a bit monotoned.

"Grim! And this is-" I cut Grim off before he says something about me.

"I'm Y/n Wonderlin." I answered the ginger. He stopped typing on his phone when he heard my last name.

"So you're the famous girl from the entrance ceremony! Not to mention a Wonderlin. A cute one too!" I blushed by his complement. I laughed nervously and looked away from embarrassment. He soon started to type on his phone once again. "Alright, upload finished! Ah! I'm your senior, third year Cater Diamond. Cal me Cater. Cay is fine, too. Nice to meetcha~!" He chuckled with a wink.

"Nice to meet you too." I smiled at him.

"Now that I think about it, you're the supervisor of the Ramshackle Dorm I heard about. Good on you, living in a place like that! It's super dark and you can't get a good Magicam in there. You have my sympathy." He then patted my head as I just gave off a small smile and a giggle.

"This guy is really running his mouth." Grim groaned a bit. Cater then soon remembered something. And by the look on his face, it must've been really important.

"Ah, I don't have any time for small talk! The party is in two days. I don't wanna lose my head for being late." He then looked at us with pleading puppy eyes. "Hey, you guys, will you help me with painting the roses?"

"But why are you doing something so weird?" Ace asked Cater.

"Red roses at a party are the most photogenic! I guess?" Cater too questioned why. "I've also got to change the flamingos' colors for the croquet match..." He trailed off for a bit. "So I'm busy with all this work." He sighed a bit.

"You're changing the flamingos' colors!? You're chores are so weird." Grim grumbled a bit.

"So that tart Ace ate was going to be used for the dorm leader's birthday party. That's why he's so mad..." Deuce concluded but Cater shook his head as a no.

"Nope! That's not it." Cater chuckled a bit.

"It's not!? Then who's birthday is it?" Ace asked a bit taken aback but Cater.

"It's not anyone's birthday. The day after tomorrow is our dorm's traditional "Unbirthday Party". The dorm leader picks a random day that isn't anyone's birthday and we have a tea party." Cater explained to us.

"The heck is that!?" Ace asked once again as I sighed.

"Later, worry about the reason later! All you have to do now is make the roses red! Deuce, Grim, Y/n, you three can do it with magic." Cater said facing us three then faced Ace next. "Ace, since you can't use magic here's some paint." He then hands over Ace a paint brush and a bucket of red paint.

"We can change the color with magic..." Deuce was a bit nervous. So was I. I never change color on anything with magic!! I just either leave it like it was or paint it myself!!

"I've never done anything like that." Grim groaned a bit.

"I-I usually just paint it by hand or leave it be! I never use magic like this!" I stuttered out.

"Okay, it's fine, just relax! We'll figure it out! We better hurry if we don't wanna lose our heads to the dorm leader~!" Cater chimed. I gulped a bit as we face the roses.

"I-I'll try." I said as we soon head to a bush. I took a deal breath and focus a bit. "Change color..." I mumbled as I hold my pen and concentrate on the red color. "... To red." I said. As soon as the magic hits the bush, not only one rose turned red, but all the roses on the bush turned red.

"WHAT!?" Ace, Deuce, and Grim yelped.

"I.... Didn't expect that to happen..." I scratch the back of my neck a bit.

"Well done Y/n! As expected by a Wonderlin!!" Cater, suddenly, appeared next to me as I jumped by his sudden appearance. Wasn't he like the opposite side of the me?

"Not only that, but on the first try!" Ace said as he looked at the bush I colored.

"And all the roses." Deuce added as he was in shock.

"With the correct color." Grim stuttered out.

"And the shade is beautiful and vibrant! Just like you little rose!" I blushed at Cater. I looked away sheepishly as I moved in to the next bush.

Cater's POV
That girl is something else. I smiled at her as she soon moved on to he next rose bush. Her blush is adorable and as red as the painted roses.

"She is one of a kind." I mumbled as I went to another bush. I sneak a few glances at her as she seems to enjoy the new magic she learned today. "I can't wait to see more from her."

To Be Continued~