☀️The Rise Of A King: Part 13☀️

3rd POV
"What do you want this late? Are you homesick and need a lullaby?" Leona chuckled at Jack, but knowing he's here is a different story.

"I'll sing one for you. Shishishi." Ruggie laughed as he joined in the joke.

"Tell me the reason. Why are you guys doing something like this?" Jack asked them seriously.

"I see. You're looking for a bedtime story. Alright, I'll tell you one." Leona started to explain to Jack. "For two years in a row we played against Malleus and Diasomnia Dorm in the first match of the tournament. The result, we were crushed. A participation trophy. Savanaclaw has taken down opponent after opponent but even we were like newborn kittens who hadn't even opened their eyes. That unsightly state was broadcast to the whole world. Do you know what happened in the end? The dorm leader was branded incompetent and scouts from pro leagues and sponsors dried up."

"That's because... You weren't good enough..." Jack mumbled out to Leona.

"That's precisely it. Until last year, we literally weren't commited to personal affairs." Leona told the wolf. "Having an honest match with that monster-like opponent without coming up with something in advance was stupid. We knew we'd loose but we still didn't come up with a plan. To hear that about Savanaclaw, the dorm that is founded on the persistence of the King Of Beasts, it must have been a shock."

"That doesn't make the cowardly way you're attacking people any less wrong!" Jack growled and balled his gloves fists tightly.

"It's wrong?" Leona wasn't liking what Jack had said to him. "Jack... You know, I'm only thinking about what's best for all the members of Savanaclaw? If we shoot down Malleus, we'll get revenge of all of that and the value of Savanaclaw will be restored. It's already been decided that if we don't win this year, Malleus will be entered into the Hall Of Fame." Leona remembered what the headmaster had said to them during the Dorm Leaders' Meeting. "This is our chance. But you want to give up for your Sense Of Justice? Do you want to destroy your upperclassmen's future?"

"Th-That's...!" With that simple question from Leona, Jack pondered. If he interferes with Leona's plan, everyone in Night Raven Collage wouldn't get hurt but his upperclassmen's future would be the sacrifice. And if he doesn't interferes with the plan, the future of Savanaclaw would be safe again but the guilt of not saving majority of Night Raven Collage's students would be marked on Jack's mind for when he graduates.

"Using your head when chasing prey is basic of hunting. There's nothing cowardly about it." Leona told Jack with his arms crossed.

"Shishishi! In this school, it's survival of the fittest. Goodie two shoes can't survive here." Ruggie laughed. (A/n: then why the hell is Y/n still alive?)

"Dorm Head, if you have it your all, you would have no problems against Diasomnia!" Jack snapped back. "I still remember your play from three years ago. I...!" Jack was cut off by Leona.

"Don't talk like you know everything!" Leona yelled at Jack. Anger bubbling in his chest at the freshman. "Give it my all? Utterly foolish. Even if I did, nothing would change.... Leave. I'd you want to see the morning sun." Leona's sharp glare was the first and only warning Jack will  be receiving for now. Jack was shaken by his Dorm Leader as he soon left the room.

"That guy's a liability. Should I get rid of him?" Ruggie nudged on Leona's arm a bit when he asked.

"Just wait." Leona told Ruggie. "Even if he goes and tells Crowley, he has no evidence. That and we need him to crush Malleus. Keep a close eye on him for now."

"Ye~s." Ruggie hummed as he soon left Leona's room.

".... Tsk, damn fresh-baby... Sounds just like my brother." Leona clicked his tongue. Frustration building up in him as he turned to face the window of his room where the glowing bright moon was soon covered by the clouds.