💎Midnight Snacks: Part 20💎

3rd POV
"Ffna... I'm beat and it's still only day one of training camp, y'know." Grim said as he flips onto the bed all tired out.

"I'm sure everyone else is even worse off." Hooty said to the cat.

"Even us managers have it rough." Y/n sighed out.

"This is all for my tuna can treasure trove. We're gonna make sure they win, no matter what." Grim huffed out.

"♪Kowareru yōna kagayaki wa keshite ageru♪" Everyone snapped their eyes open wide when they heard someone singing.

"Hm? I hear someone singing out in the yard, y'know." Grim said as he sat up from the bed.

"This sounds like..." Y/n mumbled as she grabbed her hoodie. She, and Grim soon went out to see who was outside singing. Hooty and Owlbert stated inside since they were having trouble staying up.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"♪Kowareru yōna kagayaki wa keshite ageru♪ I keep tripping up here." Kalim sighed. He was the one singing outside in the yard.

"Hey, Kalim! Demon Coach Vil is gonna have your head if he catches you out here this late!" Grim huffed out as he and Y/n rushed to Kalim.

"Wah! Grim! Y/n!" Kalim yelped out. "Could you hear my singing all the way in the dorm? My bad, my bad."

"You're still working on that song even though practice kicked our butts today?" Grim asked.

"You're a hard worker." Y/n said to Kalim. "But there is such a thing as practicing too much."

"That's not it at all. This is a first for me." Kalim chuckled softly. "... I'm... Pretty disappointed that I wasn't picked as a main vocal."

"Huh? You didn't seem that way at all." Grim titled his head to the side as he hops on Y/n's shoulder.

"I didn't feel this way at all when it was announced m" Kalim muttered out. "After I got in bed and closed my eyes, this frustration started building inside me. I couldn't just lay there doing nothing, so I got up to come practice. This is the first time... I've ever felt this way."

"I bet it's because you've never had an issue getting your hands on whatever you wanted." Grim chuckled out. "'Cause you're stupid rich. I'm super jealous, y'know"

"Uhh, yeah. That's true, but it also isn't? Like, it misses the mark a bit." Kalim mumbled out. "There's never been a time in my entire life when I knew I was the obvious choice. The thought has never even crossed my mind. The only way I've ever won anything is because Jamil lat me win... I'm sure. That frustrates me. It frustrates me so much."

"If you wanna talk about frustrating, I didn't even make it through the audition. THAT'S frustrating, y'know." Girl huffed out and pouted as Y/n just giggled by her companion.

"Ah, that's right. My bad, I wasn't trying to make fun of you." Kalim apologized to Grim. "Ugh, I've gotta pay more attention to that. I'm so sorry!"

"Nnhh, when he sincerely apologies it makes my tail agitated. Ace or Deuce would have some snappy comeback." Grim huffed out. "Ahem! If that's how you really feel then bring back a win at VDC."

"You're right. I'll do my best, so cheer for me, okay!" Kalim said smiling at the two.

"We'll be cheering you guys all the way." Y/n gave a small smile back to Kalim.

"And we'll be cheering you when you perform at the VDC too, Y/n!" Kalim chuckled softly. "I don't wanna wake anyone else up by being noisy, so I'll call it a night and hit the sack."