saige_1209

Thanks a lot saige_1209 for sharing your thoughts with us.

Username :- saige_1209

1)What inspired you to start writing?

1) Books and TV shows/Movies. They urge me to make my own imagination in the back of my mind and with the help of those imaginative stories, I write. I'm a massive Mystery/Thriller and dark erotica fan. I would say that not only they inspired me but gave me another world to live in where I escape to.

2)When you started writing and how old were you?

2) I started exclusively writing during quarantine. Before that I used to write short stories or paragraphs about anything that came into my mind and
wrote some poems which are still incomplete. I didn't get that much of exposure to books as a teen because my
mom thought that it would affect me academically. So, I initially began writing a few months ago. I'm 18 years old.

3) Would you like to share your experience when you first started writing?

3) There is no such an experience or anything but while I was watching The
Vampire Diaries, I built up a storyline which is now published as The Chase
(The Hybrid Chronicles #1) on Wattpad. I woke up in the middle of the night because I got this weird dream that someone was following me everywhere. I know it's creepy but when you watch a Fantasy/horror/thriller show your mind is completely occupied with it and then you hallucinate. So, if you'll read the first chapter of the book it starts with the
same notation.

4) From where do you get your ideas from?

4) I watch more and more TV shows or read books related to my genre/story. That's where I get ideas from.

5)What do you like to do when you aren't writing?

5)I love to listen to music and sing. So, I sing many songs on karaoke which also improves my voice.

6) What does your family think about your writing?

6) My family lowkey knows that I'm writing a book on Wattpad. But they are unaware what I'm writing. My cousins know that I write these kind of
stories so my sister asked me to write one for her animation. So now I also do content writing for a few people who are on YouTube or post animated stories on Instagram.

7)Which character of your book resemble you?

7) Karen Smith from Pretty Flawless Liars. She is almost like me and while writing her character development I think about myself and the struggles I face emotionally as a teenager and now a young adult. She is strong and fierce with Recklessness. The sarcasm touch to her demeanour is totally me. I can't even go a day without speaking fluent sarcasm. She's kind and warm hearted.
She has all kinds of emotional traits that I possess. And most importantly she's understanding and non judgemental. So, I can say that she totally resembles me.

8)Which one is your favourite Male and female character of your book? Why ?

8)From Pretty Flawless Liars there are many characters that are my favourites. But to name, I'll say, Spencer Hastings. She's incredibly talented and
intelligent. Despite the family pressure for perfection, she is gorgeous in her own way. It is the original Pretty little liars character.
From The Chase, I would say Declan Woodsen. He's a cool and responsible guy. When I first thought about such character I already loved it too much than the others.
The others in the book have some clichéd traits. But Declan stands out. His grace is attractive and he can be trustable.

9) Who is your favourite celebrity?

9)There are many, to be honest,*laughs softly* and I love each one of them for really different reasons.

★Matthew Daddario aka Alec Lightwood of Shadowhunters
★Ben Barnes aka Prince Caspian
★Cole Sprouse
★Ian Somerhalder
Troian Bellisario aka Spence Hastings from Pretty Little Liars.
★Blake Lively aka Serena Van der Woodsen
★Victoria Justice
★Lily Collins

10)Challenges you face while writing?

10) Writer's block and sometimes mood swings. Whenever I decide to write my mood swiftly changes. And then the work is left incomplete. And also life
outside Wattpad affects my writing a lot.

11) Writing is your hobby or you want to persuade as career?

11) Writing was a alien thing to me until I had a personality test online (I'm  weird I believe in such things *shrugs and chuckles* ) It revealed that my hidden talent was writing. And during my sophomore I decided to write some stories.
That's when a thought came of getting published in future. I don't want to persuade a career in writing but you never know. I might be the next Best
Selling Author. Though I'm thinking of getting published. I'm going to start writing a non fiction book soon and I hope to publish it.

12) Who is your favourite author and your favourite book?

12) I love Dark Romances a lot so my Favourite author is Pepper Winters and the book series written by her Indebted. Surprisingly she's on Wattpad.
Other than that my favourite authors are James Patterson, Marie Force, Laurelin Paig, Sara Shepherd, L.J Smith,
Agatha Christie and Cassandra
Clare.
My other favourite books are To Kill A Mockingbird, Crossfire, Along came a spider, The Mortal Instruments, Fatal
Affair, Gone with the wind and
Nancy Drew books.

13) Do you use any other website to update your story?

13)No. Only Wattpad.

14) How much your readers mean to you?

14) My readers mean a world to me. I want them to see the world develop through my words. I strive every day
to better myself and bring uncertain twists in the stories.
Wattpad has given me a whole family of people that are so amazing and loving. And I'm a vital part of this world. So my readers matter to me a lot.

15) How much readers pressurise you to give update?

15) To be honest, no one does.*laughs harder*.I only post messages on my boards about the updates. But the response I get from the readers is always positive.

16) How you feel when some reader comments offensive and report your work? Want to say something to them?

16) I haven't received any hateful comments about my work. So I can't really say anything about it. But I would
like to address to the writers that it's okay if people are being offensive. At least they gave attention to your work
and went through it. They got a glimpse of how good you write. And those people will talk about it no matter what.

17) Want to say something to aspiring writers?

17) Write. Whatever comes in your mind write it. If not for the world then for yourself. Writing is a power which conquers all and makes history. It gives us a new life, our own created life. It builds the imagination power and one can easily slip into the world portrayed. I really love this very idea of writing.
So my dear Aspiring Writers,I humbly request you to write. Do not stop it even if anything happens.

18) If you want you can ask 2 question from your readers?

a.What kind of genres they love?

b. Will they read my book if I write a Dark Romance?

Thank you for this lovely interview. It was my very first one and I'm so happy that I could reach out through this to
my readers.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇
It was our pleasure. 😊

Drafted by harshita4289