@varshachindam

Thanks a lot varshachindam for sharing your thoughts with us.

Username : varshachindam

1)What inspired you to start writing?

Well, I came from a middle-class-family. It was and is hard for me to buy new novels. I got to know about wattpad and inkitt where I used to read books. It was in my highschool when I was at my lowest and felt those depression vibes. I decided to write to keep my mind busy from all the negative thoughts, I remember not having any readers but one girl used to read whatever I updated. Then I decided to write for my and her sake

So you could say my past and depression inspired me to start writing...

2)When did you start writing and how old were you?

I was seventeen, I finished my highschool or intermediate and started writing in my summer holidays

3) Would you like to share your experience when you first started writing?

I was so new to this writing, my English was horrible. I made so many grammatical mistakes. My sentence didn't make any sense, I thought who would read my book when you have so many wattpad books but then people started reading and they were so sweet that they used to message me good things and telling me to edit the errors. I didn't had many friends that time so when people messaged me I felt happy after long time. My inkkit readers were more in compared to wattpad. Nothing less they all made me believe that I can write...

4) From where do you get your ideas from?

Based on my past, present and things which I deal with. Whenever an incident takes place thoughts play in my mind like it should've been like this so that the outcome would've been this. So all my thoughts and ideas are based on my real and practical life. That's it...

5)What do you like to do when you aren't writing?

I like to go for a drive or visit a public place. I usually prefer public transportation because I get to see faces or if the journey is long I will be able to talk with a stranger and get to know them. I love to hear about their daily work, stories of their kids or abt them.

6) What does your family think about your writing?

My mum is happy and proud about my writing even though I don't have many followers or readers. She is happy whenever my friend or someone comments on my work. I strongly believe that dad would've been so proud about my writings, unfortunately he is no more...

7)Which character of your book resemble you?

I'm a very private person, I don't have any of my character which resembles me but I include the scenes which happened to me in my stories. You could say every character holds a part of my story.

8)Which one is your favourite Male and female character of your book? Why ?

Every character of mine is very special to me. They all hold a great place in my heart, because they were born from my past and present. Micah from 'The girl with brown eyes' and Valerie from 'The love which was never forgotten' are very close to me and my heart...

These two were me in my phases of life so they hold greater place in my heart.

9) Who is your favourite celebrity?

I used to crush on Justin Bieber, he is married so Shawn mendes became my favourite but he is taken. So, for now Carryminati aka 'Ajey nagar' is my favourite

10)Challenges you face while writing?

The only challenge and problem I face is editing. English is my third language, so it's a challenge to me while writing. I need to proofread everyday and correct the Grammer which is a hectic work

11) Writing is your hobby or you want to persuade as career?

I'm a commerce student Which means I have lots of free time right now or after my college hours. So, writing is important to me and I want to publish my books in future and make a good name.

12) Who is your favourite author and your favourite book?

Another tough question, I love myself as an author and I myself is my favourite. When it comes to books, every book I read is my favourite. 'A half baked love story's by Anurag Garg and Gunjan Narang holds a special place in my heart.

13) Do you use any other website to update your story?

Yes, I'm mostly active on inkitt and wattpad

14) How much your readers mean to you?

They are actually a family to me, I never confessed this to them but they are there whenever I felt low. I hardly interact with but Whenever they leave a comment or review it makes my day and keeps me happy.

15) How much readers pressurise you to give update?

They leave comments, emails and messages on my social media accounts asking me to update but they understood the fact that I will update whenever I feel like. So, they don't pressurise knowing clearly about my update schedule

16) How you feel when some reader comments offensive and report your work? Want to say something to them?

The only negative comments I get is regarding my errors, I'm trying hard to rectify them. I never came across someone who reported my work. All I want to say is English is my third language, and I'm not that fluent so, bear my errors

17) want to say something to aspiring writers?

Keep going and keep writing, visit places, you will find different stories to write. The world around you teaches you a different story or lesson everyday. So, don't stop writing. The more you dig in, the more information you grab and use that in your writings...

18) if you want you can ask 2 question from your readers?

1. Is everything Okay at your home?
2. Are you happy in life?

Interview taken by Adwitiya_Bagchi