nivetha1059

❣❣ Thank you nivetha1509 for giving us your inerview ❣❣

Username : nivetha1509

1)What inspired you to start writing?

 Being a fan of books Username

2)When you started writing and how old were you?

I started writing poetry at eleven. But it wasn't until I was fifteen that I joined Wattpad and put out my first story.

3) Would you like to share your experience when you first started writing?

 After my tenth grade, I registered on Wattpad to read fanfictions. After some time, I I wanted to write a story. But I wasn't sure if it would work out. I sat down to give it a go and ended up working out the whole sketch for four hours. I was like, okay, if I can do this for four hours, maybe it's possible. And I winged it. 

4) From where do you get your ideas from?

I think, the thing with any kind of writing is that, everyone writes from personal experience. It's not literally our own life story but that's where we take inspiration from. It's like when we have a significant experience, we feel, okay, I want to write a story based on this. For me, Those Bonafide Teens stemmed from a good experience and Misfit stemmed from a not-so-good one. Of course, in the end, it's open for interpretation. I'm not going to stuff it into someone's head that "This is what it is about and nothing else".

5)What do you like to do when you aren't writing?

 I'm a high school student, so basically I write when I'm not stuck with school stuff. 

6) What does your family think about your writing.?

 It's positive reactions towards my writing but a little concern towards how much time I spend on it. 

7)Which character of your book resemble you?

I think the protagonist of my second book Misfit - Hina Saberwal and I have kind of a similar vibe though not the same.

8)Which one is your favourite Male and female character of your book? Why ?

 I love them all. 

9) Who is your favourite celebrity?

 I have a lot of them. And the top spot keeps changing. Right now, it's Harry Styles. I absolutely love his music. I think he's a beacon of fresh air for this generation. I definitely look up to him.

10)Challenges you face while writing?

 Well, my phone battery keeps running out (LMAO) and that's always the point where, my head is overflowing with ideas. But I have to stop and then the next time I pick up the phone, my mind is totally blank. Another struggle is trying not to be too self conscious while I write because it kind of barricades our talent and we fall short of the authenticity that could come out, otherwise.

11) Writing is your hobby or you want to persuade as career?

 Career is the dream. Hobby is the reality. (Lol!)

12) Who is your favourite author and your favourite book?

Clichéd, but J.K.Rowling is my favourite author. The Harry Potter series is my life.

13) Do you use any other website to update your story?

 No, as of now, I'm registered only on Wattpad. 

14) How much your readers meant to you?

 They're everything to not just me but I'm sure everyone who writes. Because no story lives unless someone wants to listen. More than anything, I'm grateful for the time people take off to give my story a chance, because time is the most valuable gift someone can give you. Even if it's just one chapter, they've given around 3-4 minutes of their time to you. And when people read the whole story and say, they like it and enjoyed reading it, I feel - okay, the job's done! Someone had a bit of fun because of you. That's a good feeling. When people who don't have the time to read the whole thing they send, encouraging messages like "Well done, keep going". That's very precious to me too. 

15) How much readers pressurise you to give update?

Well, actually I've written two stories and I didn't serialise either of them. I released both of them fully at one shot. And thankfully no one's complained about it so far. So I don't know about the updating pressure. 

16) How you feel when some reader comments offensive and report your work? Want to say something to them?

 When you put out your writing I think you should know that you can't let the positive comments get to your head and let the negative comments get to your heart. Fortunately, I've not received much negative feedback so far. Even if people oppose some part of my writing it's not really like hate. It's more like why they don't agree with me on a certain idea. Which is good, because I'm also inexperienced and when they voice what they feel (especially when it's someone with more experience than me) I take back a learning from the comment section. So yeah, I want to thank them for the criticism and for being polite while they're at it.

17) want to say something to aspiring writers?

Come on, I'm probably the least qualified person to give advice but as far as I've seen, not taking pressure is the game-changer in the writing arena. That's what other more experienced writers have told me too. The deal is to do your best to give a good story and try to have fun while you're at it. Which is something, I'm hoping to do as well. 

18) if you want you can ask 2 question from your readers?

 Well, actually there's a lot of questions, but here's the two that I feel I need to know, right now. 

a) Misfit or Those Bonafide Teens, which one did you like better and why? 

b) Do you feel Teen Fiction is my thing or should I explore more genres? 

by aditiswaroop