@nadia Malik786

❤❤Thank you for giving us your interview ❤❤

Username :nadiamalik786

1) what inspired you to start writing?
The first that comes to mind are my friends, then my life experiences. As when I first started writing I didn't knew about Wattpad and I used to write stories for my friends at thier request. It was fun to see their reactions. I had a bit of a rough experience in the past so I took inspiration from that too at times.

2)when you started writing and how old were you?
I was 12 when I started writing. I was in 7th grade.

3) would you like to share your experience when you first started writing?
At the very beginning one of my friends and I started writing a self made magazine. In which she wrote her poems and I wrote simple articles. Then I decided on writing something different...like a story. My first book would be a vampire novel I wrote about 2 sisters. At that time I used to think... Oh wow! I'm soo amazing. But now when I look back at that book, I just.....cringe.

4) from where do you get your ideas from.?
I really don't know. They just pop in my head like...when I'm in the shower, or during lectures, while studying (LoL) Ideas just pop out at the very time they shouldn't. Sometimes I inspire myself by reading various Hadith (islamic stories) for eg: Slave to the beast and You who touched my life and even I give my love to you.

5)What do you like to do when you aren't writing?
  Now a days I'm addicted to Asian dramas and K-pop music.

6) What does your family think about your writing.?
For the 1st time when I told them about it my Mom laughed and was quite surprised and happy. My dad was like, "good. Keep it up. I used to write too when I was young." Although I'll never tell them what kind of stories I write or else I'll be kicked out.
Hehe.

7)Which character of your book resemble you?
Naila from YWTML is a lot similar to me. Shy and introverted yep that's me. I'll be starting 2 new books too their female leads will be a lot similar too me, so, do anticipate them.

8)Which one is your favourite Male and female character of your book? Why ?
Abeedah from STTB because she's a character I wrote who I would love to be like. Her faith in her religion and the way she's soo devoted to Allah. I wanna be like her. In Male, it would be again a character I'm yet to introduce you to by a new book. Because, well, you'll know when you read it.

9) Who is your favourite celebrity?
EXO, Mike Angelo, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, and a lot of korean Oppas that I won't be able to write the names of in a single day.

10)Challenges you face while writing?
  Time! That's the biggest challenge and well, then there's my own lazy ass. Writer's block, every writers worst nemesis.

11) Writing is your hobby or you want to persuade as career?
It started as a hobby but I would like to try self publishing my book through Amazon soon.

12) who is your favourite author and your favourite book?
To be honest I'm not much of a reader. I hardly read books and I feel really guilty about it. I feel pressured when I read even Wattpad books as I feel, "wow, these people are soo talented. How am I supposed to compete with them?! Is my book good enough?" But the 1st author that inspired me to write was LJ Smith and I've read her entire series of Vampire diaries. Also, Anna dressed in blood is one of my favorites.

13) do you use any other website to update your story?
Yes, I have a book on Dreame. I'm going to try Amazon Kindle too.

14) how much your readers  meant to  you?
I believe that for every writer out there their readers mean a lot to them, including me. Because they motivate and inspire us to keep on going and keep on writing. Because there are readers, there are writers. So I love them all.

15) how much readers pressurise you to give update?
They don't actually pressurize me directly but they keep on requesting and I keep feeling anxious about not being able to update on time or being unable to meet their expectations. Many of us are students, work part-time or even full. Our personal lives keep us busy too and because of writer's block too we feel pressure when readers tell us to update faster.

16) how you feel when some reader comments offensive and report your work? Want to say something to them?
It feels terrible when readers do that because we put in soo much effort and time into writing the perfect story for you guys but 1st drafts are always full of mistakes right? They don't understand that sometimes. I had to face a lot of criticism for my book STTB and even IGMLTY because of the characters I potrayed. But I tried to be original and different there. Nobody's perfect. Love changes, people change. That's the truth of today's world. People need to understand that and I wanna show the same. But I accept them all as criticism is also necessary to understand your mistakes sometimes and move forward.

17) want to say something to aspiring writers?
All I want to say is.... don't just write for your readers. Don't just blindly give them what they want, you're the writer, write what you like , put YOUR imagination into words. Be original, be creative, be U. Never give up no matter what people say, you'll learn from your mistakes. If u love writing, you're a writer.

18) if you want you can ask two questions from reader.
_____________.

Question asked by reader.
a)How did you get the ideas of writing such a beautiful story.
The ideas just come to me sometimes like a random thought.

b)Who was your inspiration ?
Also, a couple of my stories are inspired by various Hadith (islamic stories).

Interview taken, written and published
ByAditiSwaroop