@srishti_chakraborty

❣❣Thanks a lot srishti_chakraborty for sharing your thoughts with us.❣❣

Username : srishti_chakraborty

1)What inspired you to start writing?

I don't remember a time when I was not writing. I was always more into words, written at that than speaking, or talking. I have spent a major part of my childhood being an introvert. So I have always found comfort in writing - poems, speech, essays, stories. In 2015 I saw on an online writing grp, about this app called wattpad, so I downloaded it and began reading, and then eventually found the courage to write. My inspiration is always human emotions- mine, my friends, of fictional characters. I weave stories around emotions.

 2)When you started writing and how old were you?

 I was 8 or 9 when I began writing in school. On wattpad, I think I was 19.

 3) Would you like to share your experience when you first started writing?

It was a big zero. My first story, called 'Love Melts Ice' now republished as 'Unadulterated Love' had one reader, who voted and commented initially. For months, it stayed between 0-10 readers on a chapter. But I didn't want to leave it incomplete, so I completed the first draft and began with my second story. Eventually Readers started reading them.

 4) From where do you get your ideas from?

 I have deep interest in psychology, it was even a subject in my MBBS curriculum. So I dwell a lot on emotions, like I said. One situation, I will keep thinking about in 500 directions. Most of my ideas come from there, plus I make it a point to have a moral behind a story. So it's easy to weave them around. 

 5)What do you like to do when you aren't writing?

Studying. I am in a field where I have to study most of the times. Apart from that, if I have to write my hobbies, it's reading a lot of fiction, listening to music like all the time and sleeping. 

 6) What does your family think about your writing.?

They have never read my wattpad stories, my mother and my sister know and they are proud of me. My mother used to proofread all my writing stuff till school, but she hasn't read anything on wattpad. 

 7)Which character of your book resemble you?

Every. Like I said, my stories are majorly my emotions. Every character has a trait, or a back story, that is mine. They are all versions of me, or what I want to be.

8)Which one is your favourite Male and female character of your book? Why ?

 Fav male character would be Manik from Let Me Love You, and female would be Nandini from A star crossed love. The reason being both their strongest point is empathy, and that's one thing I personally believe in a lot. 

 9) Who is your favourite celebrity?

Undoubtedly Niti Taylor. I have learned a lot from her, for various reasons. I admire a lot of other celebs, but she is my absolute favourite.

 10)Challenges you face while writing?

 I such at writing adult romance for one, hahaha. Other than that, I can writing emotional angst good, but writing dark characters is a little bit tricky for me. 

 11) Writing is your hobby or you want to persuade as career?

 It's neither. I can't tag writing just as hobby, because I have written stories despite my exams and hospital schedules. It's like my own personal therapy. And about a career, I already have a professional career right now, but I would want to publish a book in future.

 12) Who is your favourite author and your favourite book?

 On wattpad or in general? I read a lot, but I haven't read all books by one author, that's why I don't have a favourite author. I love Gayle Forman's books though, Where She went, and one day series are my absolute favourite. I also love Judith Mcnaughtan's books. On wattpad, my favourite book is The Heartbroken Heartbreaker by SamMaddison .

 13) Do you use any other website to update your story?

 Yeah, Dreame has two of my stories- there for each other, and A chance at Love Again. And I have recently started posting 'A Star-crossed Love' on Inkitt. 

  14) How much your readers meant to you?

They mean the world to me, because I am my most honest version here. So many things in my life I have never told anyone, but they get to read those incidents or things in my stories. They know me better than any body in my real life without realising so. Hence obviously their views, comments, opinions mean a lot to me

15) How much readers pressurise you to give update?

Alot sometimes but I love that they miss me. I have erratic schedules of studies and hospital, but their comments remind me of mt pending work here and I update as frequent as possible.

 16) How you feel when some reader comments offensive and report your work? Want to say something to them?

Honestly I have never been reported, so don't know. About offensive comments, I haven't been bashed that way either except once and all I want to say is that its okay to have different opinions about one thing, it's not necessarily important to match my definition of love and friendship with yours. You express your disappointment that's okay, but you should not blame me for ruining love or emotions. My way of seeing love is different, that's all.

 17) want to say something to aspiring writers?

 Have patience, it takes time here. And please check your grammar. For me, a badly written vocab and grammar is a turn off, despite the plot. And you learn with every chapter, every story. It's okay. All the best to you.

18) if you want you can ask 2 question from your readers?

  I have nothing to ask, I know most of my readers well. Instead if you wanna ask me something go ahead. 

byaditiswaroop