Chapter 21

Tired I dragged myself to the meeting point it was just after 8 o'clock in the morning. Unfortunately, however, the connections to this airport were awful. I had to get 20 after five on the train. My eyes were burning with tiredness and my brain felt like mud. The three coffees had brought nothing, I just wanted to sleep. The more than 13 hours flight was predestined for, I would probably start sleeping right away if we were on the plane.

Since we were supposed to meet in 15 minutes, this would take some time. Luckily Claire and some mechanics were already there and welcomed me. My answer was short, my suitcase was quickly placed on the cart with other suitcases, so I didn't have to worry about it.

Outside it rained and turned it strongly, hopefully we could still start on time. My gaze left the window front and wandered through the small hall. From this airport, mainly only private planes flew, so I was not so surprised when I could see the shirts of McLaren. I briefly saw if I could see Lando, but either he wasn't there yet or hid in the crowd.

"Are you looking for whom?" my heart had stopped for a second. I saw evil to the British before me. How could he scare me, almost I would have had a heart attack because of him? George could only laugh. In my head I thought a few throats, which was probably reflected in my facial expression.

Russell's laughter died: "If I were you, I wouldn't make my eyes on the plane." I tried to say it as threateningly as possible, the driver in front of me was pale, so it worked out. Unfortunately, I couldn't pull myself together anymore and had to laugh. You could only hear George exhaling the air. He had probably really thought I was going to cut his throat.

Next to me sat down next to me and looked out: "I think we have to postpone the start; the wind is quite strong." I tried to suppress a yawn when I agreed to it. I also had to rub my eyes for a short time, because they burned really hard.

"Long night or why so tired?" George wanted to know amused. I just shook my head and couldn't suppress the yawn.

I put my head in my neck: "The opposite, it was far too short. The connections to this airport are so shit that I had to leave the hotel after only five. This is pure torture." George had to grin before he looked at me in surprise.

"Can't you drive? Please not again. I had this discussion with Lando only yesterday", I hoped he would let it be if I gave him an answer. Unfortunately, this was not the case, and so I had to repeat the conversation from the previous day. I couldn't resist a slight annoyed undertone, although Russell couldn't do anything about it. After all, he wasn't there yesterday.

Hands laid on my eyes, which I had not seen coming: "If you all carry on like this, I will leave this airport in a coffin." Immediately I felt a breath on my ear, which sent a shiver across my back. Just from the smell, I already knew who was holding my eyes. But I didn't want him to take his hands off me, because immediately a warmth had spread within me.

"That would be a pity, then you can't see me win on Sunday," my abdomen pulled together in his voice. At that moment I was happy to be a woman, because this was certainly not a place where you want a stiffener. It hadn't been the words that caused this pulling I couldn't say, but I just felt this request for the boy behind me.

Laughter rang out from the back: "We both know that this is unlikely to happen." The Spanish accent had betrayed Carlos, with my eyes still covered, I greeted Lando's team-mate.

"Do your hands stay on my eyes all day?" I immediately wanted to know about the Briton behind me. As soon as I had raised the question, it was suddenly bright around me again. The first thing I could see clearly again was the broad grin of Russell. It was almost a bit scary, like these killer clowns.