Chapter 25

"Sit down," I sat down with my boss as relaxed as possible. She leaned a little forward so that she could lean on the desk. I looked at me all the time.

So that she could not see the trembling of my fingers, I buried my Healthy Hand in my thighs. Since I had crossed the legs, this went quite well. In my face I tried to look as normal as possible, which I only partially succeeded in doing. My breath tried to slow down, which was impossible. My heart raced like by a marathon. The air conditioning didn't seem to work for me, because I was still sweating.

Without saying anything, Claire leaned back into her chair: "Why didn't you come to me? What if They had seen you together? I need to know what's going on, how am I supposed to protect you, especially you." I looked at my boss in a surprise. I had expected everything, but not with that. She had nothing against the relationship, but she was worried. I wonder what it had to do with the press.

"Lando is not like other men, he is in public. When it comes out, the media will also knock on our door and want have a statement. Imagine if I hadn't known and denied it. Andreas, on the other hand, would have said yes, because he already knew," the Williams team principal said. She was probably a little offended that Andreas knew it before her. I couldn't do anything about it, after all they had watched us, which we didn't know.

Claire leaned on the table again: "You and Lando will have to sign a special contract again, simply for the legal. We trust you, but we have to secure ourselves legally, you will understand." Understandably, I nodded, I had already expected something like this.

Shortly Claire asked me about the details and then let me go to my office. Here in the Autodrom it was not opposite, but a room further forward. It was small and simple, but it had everything it needed.

There was already a stack of papers on my table that still had to be done today. So, I probably wouldn't be able to see Lando before training. I took the first paper in my hand and started reading the report. It was one of the mechanics who was already tinkering with the new car for the next session, in which they described their problems. I searched for the necessary information and wrote first to my mother's company, then another raw material supplier.

My neck started to hurt, and I had only managed the half of the papers. I briefly looked at my phone and ignored the messages. It would only hurt me that I had disappointed my boyfriend. I had really tried to get the job done fast enough, but it was so much.

There were also reports with the financial situation and bills for the next few weeks and session. The numbers didn't look good, which explained why my mother had to supply her with her company. Making closly everything yourself was expensive and the money was missing, as the successes were lacking.

"Claire, I have reports here that you should look at", I opened her door. But there was no Claire there, her office was empty. Since I was basically not concerned about the finances, I put the reports in a drawer for her. I quickly wrote her another post it and put it to the computer.

I dropped into my chair when my phone rang. My star wars ringtone telling me it was my mother. By my dad I had the song of death as a ringtone so I could recognize it immediately. For Lando I would probably have to choose a pick, but a nicer one.

"What does it mean that the parts don't fit? We did it exactly according to plan! You have to fit, otherwise the mechanics made a mistake not us! », Mum was slightly upset. It could get quite uncomfortable if you criticized her. Slightly nervous, I slipped back and forth in my chair, because I didn't know how to make it understandable to her.

From an order, I took the report back into my hand: "The parts are three millimeters too big at the bottom, they don't fit into the engine. We cannot make all the other parts new when only one part is too big. You may have made up your minds, but they controlled all the other things several times."