Chapter 77

With a full rental car, Lando parked in the driveway of my adoptive parents: "Maybe as a forewarning, with my family drama is a tradition at Christmas. If Adriana and Juan don't even argue loudly, it's not Christmas Eve."

"I notice it", my friend looked at me slightly nervously. Cisca was right, Lando was not as relaxed as he had tried to make me believe. Funnily enough, this realization calmed me down, because it showed me how serious my friend was. I immediately suppressed this thought and unlocked the door.

Land stopped at the door: "Shouldn't we rather ring the bell? We can't just go into the house." I rolled my eyes, because official I lived here, at least I was registered here. As long as I had the keys, I certainly wouldn't use a bell.

"Come in, I have the keys for something", slightly unsettled my friend followed me inside, "We are there!" Short was still quiet and then Adriana stretched her head out of the kitchen and from above you could hear a rumble. It didn't take long and Nico came down the stairs with his fiancée Melanie.

"Where is Juan?" I asked. I had already introduced Lando to them and my adoptive father was nowhere to be seen, although he was always happy to see me or the boys. Questioning I looked into the round, Adriana's expression and sound already explained a lot to me. They had probably already argued after breakfast and Juan has probably sought the distance and probably done the last shopping.

I had only noticed that Antonio and Samuel had come into the house behind me when they had frightened me: "Don't you ask about us?" Before fright I had made a sentence forward and then turned to the two. They looked at me with their arms crossed and did so offended. They knew as well as I did that we didn't exactly have a sibling relationship, so you didn't really miss each other.

"You two are like herpes anyway, once you know each other, you always come back. It's a miracle that you've never knocked on the door for money the last few months", the two have always been freeloaders. Nico at least always tried to see me as a sister, but with his departure the contact has actually broken off. I only had contact with the other two when they were both short of cash again.

Antonio raised his hands defensively: "I earn my own money in America now, I'm no longer short of cash. But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't accept money as a gift." I could only shake my head and introduced the two to my friend.

"Very happy to get to know you, you drive really well. Maybe you'll make it to the best team in the world, Ferrari," it was clear that Samuel Lando was referring to his profession. Sometimes he really had no sense of shame, me and the other two guys even more so.

Samuel also hit the back of his mind: "Man he is the friend of our adoptive sister, don't start asking him about his job. Haven't you been taught how to run them in management?" He just shrugged his shoulders, he didn't really seem to care what Lando or we thought of him.

"Well come into the living room, we don't have to stand at the front door for the rest of the day, after all, a lot has to be done," Adriana chased us from the front door into the living room. There we had to distribute six 'children' on the two sofas, while Adriana stood in front of us.

She had a list in her hand: "So Nico and Antonio you take care of the Christmas tree, Lando and Melanie can of course rest a bit, after all you are guests. Laura and Samuel help her with blanketing and cooking." Just as Samuel was about to complain, the Spaniard looked at him angry.

"And what does Dad do?" Samuel wanted to be offended. But he got no answer from his mother, who had left the living room without losing a word. I told Lando that we still had to get the dogs and his suitcase out of the car.

Together I went with the Englishman to the car, out there Mirella came to meet us: "Merry Christmas! OMG are the sweet, well hello you two." So the attention of my best friend was only with my puppies, just soda seemed to enjoy the caress.