Chapter 86

I had put my legs over Landos while I was processing and answering emails for Williams on my laptop. Lando, on the other hand, was hanging on his phone and didn't really do anything productive, but since we were actually on vacation, he should be allowed to do it.

"I'm bored," he suddenly whined. I had been so engrossed that I almost threw away my laptop in terror. Due to my reaction, my friend was probably no longer bored at that moment, because he could hardly get used to laughter.

I looked at him badly. "You will take me to the grave if you continue to frighten me so much!" He looked at me guilty, but he wasn't really sorry either.

"But I'm still bored, can't we go to the city or do anything else? You've been sitting on the thing for an hour and it's not even 11 o'clock. In addition, we did not want to be reachable here! Only you and me," he complained.

I was about to close my laptop when a new mail from Maison reached me. 'You're not safe anymore! Separate yourself from him if you love him.' Without hesitation, I deleted the mail and closed my laptop.

"Well then, what do you want to do? To a city, wander?" I wanted to know from the troublemaker, who only shrugged his shoulders. So the decision stuck with me again, in such moments it was sometimes really tedious.

Sighing, I let my head hang over the backrest of the sofa. "Well, then let's go to Lucerne." Since I knew the city very well, I thought it would be a good idea to go there with him. Because in this way I was able to bring him closer to the country in which I grew up. Even though I was half Italian and Spanish, I felt most at home in Switzerland.

"Well then, high with you!" Lando had jumped up and looked at me waiting. Due to his movement, I was now crooked on the sofa, as my legs were now hanging down from it. I also rose a little less euphorically.

Actually, I would have much preferred to just sit down, but I wouldn't let him go alone. But in order for him to give rest, I had to keep him busy, so I didn't really have a choice.

Lando had already disappeared in the hallway and almost at the door when I stopped him: "Haven't you forgotten two things?" Embarrassed and caught, my friend looked at me, I could only laugh.

"Campari! Soda! Mugwort!" he once shouted into the house. While Campari came shot like an arrow, Soda tapped lazily towards us. Motivation definitely looked different, but by now I wasn't used to anything else from her.

During the time When Lando had accommodated the dogs in the trunk, I had dressed and also went to the car. "Well, then I'll show you the most beautiful city in the world." Lando pulled both eyebrows together as he was about to buckle up next to me.

"I didn't even know that Switzerland had enough inhabitants for a city," I playfully held out my middle finger to him. Which made Lando laugh even more and annoyed me. Somehow I didn't feel like the trip anymore. But as my mom always said, sometimes you just have to make your eyes and go. Or, as in our case, just drive off.

I turned away from him. "Now let's go. Otherwise we can stay right here." Well, he had hurt my national pride, so I couldn't restrain my temperament towards him either. Even if not a second later I felt sorry for it again.

"Sorry, I don't joke about size anymore. After all, I want to see as much as possible of your homeland, whereby home is a big word for you" And unfortunately he was right. I couldn't even say for myself whether Switzerland was my home. Certainly more than Italy or Spain, but was it my home?

Lost in my thoughts, I stared out the window and saw the trees pass me by. "I didn't want to hurt you or get too close in any other way. Laura, you have a home with me and will always have it there. You don't need Switzerland or any other country. We have each other."