Chapter 19

Tired I let myself fall into my bed, but I couldn't think of sleep yet, because my phone rang. Without even looking at who's calling, I went. But was not surprised when I heard Landos voice on the other side.

"So long worked or why, did you answer so late?" he immediately wanted to know. I had only responded to his message on the train. Before that I had sent him the photo of George, of course he wanted to know why his colleague looked so shocked.

With momentum, I sat down in my bed and suppressed a yawn: "Yes, had plans to discuss, and you also had to go into the simulator?" I was no more allowed to say to Lando, so I wanted to steer the conversation away from it. Not that Lando would have continued to ask, but there should be not embarrassingly quiet.

"Get the door open," I said, bewildered, until I understood what the Briton wanted from me. Confused, I went to the room door, which I then opened. I had the mobile phone jammed between my ear and shoulder. When I opened the door in my pajama, which consisted of an oversized shirt and shorts.

The Briton stood in front of me with a broad grin. My brain was probably already asleep, so I was probably staring at him in a just stupid terms. The cogs turned and I stepped aside. Now Lando was able to go to my room, but I still hadn't quite realized that he was with me. I still had my phone between my shoulder and ear, even though there was only a Tut ton from the other side.

Still next to the track I closed the door and then took my phone off my ear and put it on. I saw Lando, who had already made himself comfortable on my bed. He had thrown his jacket over a chair because it was wet. It rained outside as well as from buckets.

Lando slipped a little further into the middle of the bed and knocked next to him as if it were his bed. Without thinking for a long time, I sat down next to him and stared forward at the TV. For a short time, we both stayed still, simply enjoyed the closeness of the other, with only our shoulders touching each other.

"How long do you have to wear the plaster?" he wanted to know. Since the almost kiss yesterday, we would not have been as close as at that moment. My breath stopped briefly when I looked at him. His eyes kept slipping down to my lips and then up to my eyes again.

"On Friday in a week I should get rid of it, but then I get another rail. My bones are probably not the fastest when growing together," an uncertain smile lay on my lip. When Lando didn't respond, I just got more nervous. I tried to convince myself that it was just Lando. But it didn't help, I was still nervous, and my stomach felt weird. Never before have I been so nervous in the presence of a man, with none of my ex-boyfriends did I have such feelings or how one would call this tingling.

Carefully, Lando reached for my hand in the plaster: "Does it still hurt?" If he wanted to know carefully, he hardly dared to touch the plaster. I quickly shook my head to make him understand that he wasn't hurting me.

His face brightened and before I understood what he was up to, he already had an pen in his hand. He held my hand so that he could write well on the plaster. Now the penny had fallen, and I could only laugh. That's what you used to do in school. Actually, I was sure I was out of age. But I found the action of the British sugar sweet. Especially when he was also going to have a heart, my inner one melted away.

"Don't get me wrong, but why are you here? I don't think you came to sign the plaster," I wanted to know about the brown-haired one. Somewhat surprised, he looked at me and straightened up again, as he had just finished filling his heart.

He placed the pen on the bedside table before turning to me: "Didn't know that I needed a reason to see you again. I didn't want to wait until we're both in Singapore. When are you flying?" He sat down against the wall again and looked at me.