Kapitel 15

I went down to the breakfast table in my pajamas. The boys should be in school or daycare. In Spain there were no autumn holidays, but they had very long summer holidays. Anyway, I sat at the breakfast table and smeared vegan bread with vegan butter. Fuller I enjoyed bass in the bread and had to be careful not to spit right away.

After the nutritious breakfast I got ready. In shorts and tops I walked down the stairs to the front door. There I put on sneakers and grabbed some sunglasses. Now all that was missing was Luca, who just casually came down the stairs. For his 45 years, he looked well-preserved. He hated it when I told him that because he didn't find 45 old. But from the point of view of a 20-year-old woman, he was.

"What does Princess fancy?" I thought briefly. But I decided to go to the beach. I couldn't get into the water but went to the bars. So, we would probably start with a pickling tour. Later a little stroll through the city, the main thing we had again only for two time. Most of the time my brothers had been there in the last time, so the relationship between Luca and me had suffered a little bit. When Javier and Matteo were there, I held back.

But today I wouldn't have to do it and I could pour out my heart. Luca was best suited by my parents. He wasn't a biological parent, and yet he knew me well enough after 10 years. Even if Mum and Luca separated, I was sure he would be there for me. I didn't feel that much with Maria. She would want to live her life; I would only be the child of her ex-boyfriend. There was the difference between Luca and Maria. Maria liked and accepted me as the child of her boyfriend, but Luca saw me as his child.

"You could still help me find a gift for your mom. I really have no idea what to give her. She just has everything," Luca said. We were on our way into the city. Since the house of Luca and Mama was on the hill, we had to cross the city to get to the beach. Before you ask, the footballers lived somewhere on this hill, but I didn't see one.

I just nodded; I didn't have a gift for her. She was happy about all the gifts, even if they were shit, but I wanted to give her something really great. Just stupid that she had money in abundance and could always buy everything herself. In the end I would probably come up with the vouchers again, such as cuddling for once or long hug.

At a red-light Luca looked at me: "Why so quiet? Otherwise, at least you always sing along with the radio." I didn't even notice how calm I was. But where he was right, he was right. I loved singing in the car, but I wasn't after it.

"I'm just tired, I didn't sleep well," that wasn't even a lie. Even that night, the memories had haunted me. Unlike in real life, no one came to my aid. Slowly, however, my body got used to the few sleeps.

Luca just accepted it; he also has to concentrate on the road. These were full of cars, even if it was already after 10, there was still a lot going on. In a city it would probably always have a lot of traffic.

Luca parked in a car park and we got out. It was from there not far to a beach section. Fatherly, he had put an arm on my shoulder so that we would not get lost in the crowd. From all sides, traders tried to sell their goods to you, they almost made me feel sorry for them. So, I bought one sunglass and another a fake bag.

"Your heart is a little too big", my stepfather was probably right. But I was sorry for these men and women. They all had families, and this was their way of earning money. As Luca said, my heart was a little too big.

With new sunglasses and bag, we settled at a beach hut at a table. Since it was almost 11 o'clock I indulged in a sangria, Luca stayed with non-alcoholic drinks. He rarely drank anything alcoholic and if only to start at a party. As far as I knew it, his father had been an alcoholic. I could understand if he wanted to let his fingers go, but I needed supplies after the last few days. In addition, sangria was actually more of a refreshing drink for me than something to drink. Thus, it counted almost no more than an alcoholic beverage.