Chapter 34

Armed with my books, I had retreated to the roof of the hotel. I probably wouldn't be able to learn there without light for a long time, but as long as I could, I wanted to have my peace. I wouldn't have that in my room thanks to George. Since the others were further away from us this time, he could not pass the time with Alex, Lando, Pierre and Charles. Together with the Alpha Romeo team we had been accommodated in a hotel. Since she had no drivers from his close group of friends, he felt a little alone. Although he got along well with Antonio, the two were not quite on the same wavelength.

"Exciting reading?" I looked up from my book in horror and recognized Maison. He stood at the door leading to the roof terrace and lit a cigarette. I didn't want to pay attention to him, so I just nodded and turned back to my book.

But the Spaniard didn't want to leave me alone: "What are you leaving?" He had come to me and looked over my shoulder at the book. But since it was written on German, of course he couldn't understand anything. But his look over his shoulder made it impossible for me to ignore him further.

"About the behaviour of supply and demand of a product in the different cycles of an economy," I did not take my eye off the book. Inside I hoped that he was ready with his cigarette and finally left me alone again, because I really wanted to learn. But this did not happen, he seemed to study the graphics in the book, because he did not understand the rest.

Frustrated and slightly annoyed, I closed my book: "I'll go down, you'll certainly see yourself somewhere again sometime." With the teaching equipment I got up from the couch and quickly took my light pen and my mobile phone. So, I was able to go in search of a quiet corner to learn.

I drove the elevator into the lobby, hoping to be undisturbed on a couch. Arriving downstairs, I sat down on one of the two upholstery groups, as no one was there apart from the employees. Satisfied, I opened my book again and started reading, but already after one page I could hear the voices of the drivers who had just come to the hotel.

"Do you want to learn?" Robert asked me. They all sat down next to me, so I could forget about learning in the lobby. Inside I could have screamed, because I just wanted to learn in peace and since my room was just cleaned, I couldn't do it there.

A little too annoyed I saw the four of them: "I would like to learn, but someone comes and disturbs all the time. It seems like I'm more than cursed.' So, I got up again and went looking for a nine place.

After trying it at the pool and also at the bar, I was at the end with my nerves. Since I couldn't find a quiet place in the hotel, I decided to try it in the city. Somewhere on a park bench or on a wall on a wall, it should be possible to read this cursed teaching tool.

The only problem was that it was getting dark, and I didn't know. But at that moment I didn't care, I just wanted to be alone. After a time, I came to the river, many people were not there, which pleased me. Along this along lawn and trees or even from time to time a palm tree. On a bench I dropped and looked at the water, which reflected the light of street lights.

Totally strenuous, I let one side around the other through and brush the things that seemed important to me. But no matter how hard I tried, the words didn't stay in my head, which drove me to despair. The fear of disappointing everyone spread in me, a feeling of pressure built up in me. A feeling that was probably not exactly conducive.

I still looked into my teaching aids, but I couldn't read anything from it. I looked at a word and yet the meaning did not arrive in my head. For this I imagined my parents, who looked at me disappointed because my lie flew up. The lie Claire had built for me. I would probably disappoint her, too, because without a degree I didn't get the remaining 49% from Williams. Suddenly it looked to me as if my whole life was hanging on to this ordeal and that just blocked me even more. To fail this fear.