Chapter 87

Tired and yet somehow wide awake, I stood in front of the building in Zurich, which I knew all too well. A little less than two months ago, I last took the exam here again so that I could stand here today.

'Have a nice first day at university, you're going to rock. See you Friday night in a week.' I had to grin. Lando had intentionally gotten up early to write me this message, because with him it was only half past seven in the morning. But I was infinitely grateful to him, because I could use every word. Because I was just on my own. Mirella didn't have her first lecture until 9, so I wouldn't meet her until lunch.

I briefly thanked my boyfriend before I went to university. There, the students already flocked to their lectures and so did I. Luckily for me, I already knew the university and knew exactly where I had to go. To err through the hustle and bustle of the erst semesters would have just been missing me.

So I quickly sat in the lecture hall and made myself as comfortable as possible at a table. Ten minutes too early, but that didn't bother me any further. Luckily, there was such a thing as mobile phones, which I now took out. Only stupid if you had no one to write, because everyone was still asleep.

To somehow get the time around, I went on Instagram and stalked the guys: "Is there still free here?" A man maybe 2 years older than me sat down next to me after I nodded.

"Must be weird to be back at university and not at the racetrack." Slightly annoyed, I looked at the man. I didn't know him yet and yet he talked to me as if we had known each other for a long time.

I shrugged my shoulders briefly and looked at my phone again. "You're probably not very talkative," he noted. I couldn't suppress an annoyed sound, because he probably didn't check that I just didn't want to talk to him.

"Maybe I don't like it when strangers talk to me. Don't introduce myself and immediately ask questions about my private life," I replied bitingly. I didn't care if I came across as arrogant or anything else. In my opinion, it was cheeky when a stranger approached me like that.

Defensively, he raised his hands briefly, thanks to Professor, he could not say anything more about it: "Good morning dear students. I would like to welcome them to their third semester, which we are starting with the topic of marketing."

For four hours we had to listen to what marketing was and what it is for. Actually, everyone already knew that, which is why I was just before falling asleep in between, but he had to teach us that for better or worse.

"It was very exciting, although you probably already knew all this" I counted internally on 3. Because I didn't want to freak out in the still full lecture hall, because I already got stupid looks from all sides anyway. If I had vented my anger, it would have made nice headlines.

So I took my packed things and got up. "Just leave me alone, we're not friends and I'm not here to make new friends. So if you excuse me."

Without waiting for his answer, I had disappeared from the lecture hall and looked for my way to the canteen, where Mirella was already waiting for me. Kindly she had already fetched food for both of us.

"How much I missed that, the last six months. Eating alone is only half as beautiful as with you," she said as I sat down next to her. In fact, I had also missed eating with her. In general, I felt like I hadn't spent enough time with her since I slipped into the world of Formula 1.

Opposite her I sat and took a fork full of mashed potatoes. "Will you fly to Melbourne for the start of the season?" I quickly shook my head, as I would not fly so far away through my studies.

"No, Bahrain will be the first race I will be there for. But can we talk about something else, such as how you're doing?" I noticed on her face that she wanted to avoid exactly this question.