Chapter 50

On the weekend I had done a lot with the drivers, especially with Antonio and George. Otherwise, the race-free weekend without Lando felt infinitely long. Even so, I couldn't wait for my friend to arrive in Austin on Wednesday, but it was a little more bearable.

The weekend wasn't really over, my alarm clock rang at one o'clock in the morning. Sleepy, I turned it off and rubbed my eyes once. I hated that I had promised Mirella my presence on FaceTime. But I had no idea that her appointment was Monday morning at 8 a.m. CET, so for me in Austin 2 o'clock in the morning.

It took me the hour to shower and make myself handsome. That was probably the disadvantage of video calls, you couldn't lie in bed in pyjamas. Even if I will hate this action at the moment and possibly during the day, I would never forgive myself if I was not there for Mirella. As much as I cursed her at that moment, I loved my best friend. If I couldn't stand in her flesh and blood, at least as a picture on a display. Moreover, I was a little surprised when such an abortion worked. For me personally, it was still not an option, but I was surprised how it was done.

Until the call came, it felt too long: "morning, all good with you?" Nervously, she looked into the camera and nodded hesitantly. You could see that she wasn't comfortable in the waiting room. I would have liked to have taken her in my arms and said that everything would be good. Unfortunately, thanks to 8.5 thousand kilometres, I couldn't do that. Inside I suffered with her until she was finally allowed into the examination room.

"My best friend is there via FaceTime when it doesn't matter," Mirella clarified when the doctor greeted her. Even if it was a bit unusual for the woman in the white coat, she had nothing against it. So, she greeted me and I, but then stayed still.

The first thing you did was have an ultrasound, even though she had just one on Thursday. So, of course, the week had to be determined and other things had to be looked at. Mirella had held me so that I could look at the black and white screen and hear the heartbeat easily. I didn't have to cry, but it touched me on an emotional level to see the fetus.

After the examinations, the doctor disappeared from the room for a moment to fetch something: "You still want to have an abortion? When it's gone, it's gone.' I didn't want to be persuaded to keep it, I just wanted to see how sure she was in her decision. Should she have only a small doubt about her decision, otherwise she might make the wrong choice?

"Yes, I don't want children. I'll love to watch out for little Laura's and Landos one day, but I don't want mini to me," she said. So, I was reassured and better able to get involved in their choice. She didn't want children and that was more than okay for me, everyone the way he wants.

The doctor came back with two packs of tablets and a weird vacuum bag: "So I'll explain to you the different possibilities and everything so that you get an idea how it's done. So, until the seventh week there is the drug variant. Since you first take a tablet of this drug, which stops the hormonal formation of the pregnancy hormone progesterone, since by dying the pregnancy. Two days later you would then take a tablet of this drug, so that the rejection of the fetus would take place as in a period." One thing I had to leave to the doctor, she remained very matter-of-fact and went to watch Mirella's reaction closely before explaining further.

"Then there is the operative method. There we would perform a local anaesthetic and then use such a vacuum cleaner to suck the placenta with the fetus. This method can be done until the 12th week," Mirella silently nodded to the doctor, "to find the appropriate method, it would not be bad to know why the abortion should take place." I had made myself smart on the Internet, without a reason no abortion could be performed in Switzerland. The fact that one did not want to be pregnant was enough as a reason. However, doctors had to ask for it and make sure that the pregnant woman wanted an abortion.