Chapter 64

Soda and Campari had made themselves comfortable under my desk while Reading and answering mails. It was mainly about financial matters, because my mother didn't want to put too much in. As long as the 49% were with them, I couldn't really do anything and nothing would change in the near future.

Unfortunately I missed the training sessions yesterday and could only hope that I was finished by qualifying. Now I could understand why Claire had hired me as her kind of secretary. I had already supported my head on my arm before tiredness and redemption was not yet in sight.

I only noticed the knock ingesb by the side and automatically gave permission to enter: "What is? Has anything happened?" Actually, only Claire came to my office and only if she wanted or had something from me or had to discuss. Deepened into the mail, I hadn't seen the door at first, because I was expecting my boss. But since there was no immediate answer, I took my look from the screen.

"What are you doing here, how did you get into the building?" I jumped up happily. I quickly rushed to the door to greet Lily, Victoria and Seychelle. My work was now forgotten for the time being, I had also earned a break.

We broke up, and Campari and Soda dared to come out to us under the table: "How sweet are they, I have to convince Tom to get one. They're just too golden.' The Dutchwoman had knelt directly on the ground and clawed Campari over behind her ear. He clearly enjoyed it, while Soda was slightly jealous, so she too got a petting unit from Victoria.

"Yes, they are really golden. But Campari and Lando have their difficulties with each other because Campari loves Lando's chair in his gaming room. You should hear him, they're just too funny," I told the Dutchwoman. The girls could only imagine it too well and had to laugh.

Lily, who got up again, knocked the dirt off her pants: "Actually, we just wanted to greet you and get you to qualifying, but as it looks, you probably still have work to do."

"Yes, because of the end of the season, suddenly everyone wants to have their money or things are to be done because of the next season. If I had known how much paperwork you have to do, I wouldn't have done the job. When I take over the business from my parents, I set up two secretaries," I couldn't resist a loud exhalation.

Seychelle and Victoria also got up again: "Then we must go without you, but you will surely come with us later on, only we girls." The three looked at me with anticipation, so I couldn't say no. Although Lando and I had other plans, he would surely understand. At least I was fervently hoping.

"Well, I'm there. But we don't go out too long, after all, tomorrow we all have a long day ahead of us with the race and the banquet," Victoria nodded hypocritically to me. She probably wouldn't stick to it, so I could look forward to little sleep. At least you didn't get any alcohol here in Abu Dhabi, so you couldn't get drunk, so at least no hangover the next day.

Victoria clapped her hands: "Now that this is discussed, we'll see you later. We'll pick you up as you're probably not ready by then. By the way, a mechanic named Maison let us in, this guy is a bit intrusive." I waved because this was nothing new for him. He liked to flirt, but he didn't really mean it seriously, so I just ignored him.

The three girls hugged me to say goodbye, before leaving me alone with Campari and Soda: "Then we'll get back to work, or what do you mean?" As expected, I didn't get an answer, so I just sat down at my desk again. Since I had closed the document, I could now look directly at a photo of Lando. A slight smile crept on my lips before I returned to the document on the bills for the next month and had to sign off.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Campari going into a corner and raising his leg: "Campari no, out. I'm going out with you, but please don't go to my office wall." I quickly grabbed him and saw that Soda was following me. Outside, I let him down again and was happy when the two of them relieved each other at a palm tree and not my office wall.