Chapter 43

"You work for Williams or?" his mother asked. I had just given her the drink and sat down again to Lando. Everyone looked at me with anticipation, which was really unpleasant to me.

I nodded slightly to the answer: "Yes, but hopefully from January I will continue to study. Then I only work as a side job at Williams, because I also own a part of the racing stable." Oliver's eyes briefly grew a little bigger.

"Didn't you know that you were studying where and what?" he asked immediately. My friend seemed to realize how uncomfortable this question was and wanted to say something. But I just put one hand on his thigh and made it clear with a glance that it was okay.

I turned back to his family and smiled at them: "I'm studying economics at the University of Zurich." My eyes got even bigger, which unsettled me. Was it a problem for his family that I wasn't studying in England? Unconsciously, I pushed a little more at Lando, who put his arm around me and looked at his family strictly.

"Zurich? I thought your father lives in Monza and your mother in Barcelona, so why are you studying in Switzerland? Not that Zurich wouldn't be a good university, but wouldn't Milan or Barcelona be closer?" his father asked. He had touched on my most unwelcome subject. Everyone always assumed that I had grown up with either my father or my mother, which unfortunately wasn't the case.

Lando pushed me a little and got involved in the conversation: "She grew up in Switzerland with relatives of her mother." Luckily, his family understood the wink and left the subject to my parents out. Unfortunately, the conversation had lost its lightness. They always looked to Lando to make sure the question was okay. I pretended I didn't notice my friend's eyes, otherwise it would be really stiff. I answered their questions as openly as possible and asked a few myself. Furthermore, I was very careful, after all I didn't want to step into a fat bowl.

"Where is Savannah?" Lando asked his brother. While I was thinking about whom this Savannah was, Oliver had already answered. That meant that my question was superfluous. Since he answered and Savannah was with her parents, it had to be Oliver's girlfriend.

My stomach growls, which only Lando had heard, but he had received a laugh: "Very charming, I thought I would have raised you better. How about if I cook something, or do you have only muesli and milk there again?" His mother had already got up, but somehow it felt weird if Cisca was cooking now. After all, they were the guests, and I was actually one, but it didn't feel that way anymore. Because I knew exactly where what was and actually spent most of my time here when we weren't at a race weekend.

"I can also cook something if you want to have a family exchange," I tried to evade interrogation. But my friend's mother just shook her head. As I discussed with his mother, Lando remained silent and watched like a small child.

Until my gaze fell on him: "Actually, you would have to cook, after all you live here, and we don't. But we all want to live tomorrow, so I'll probably cook in your place." The siblings and their parents couldn't stop laughing when my friend looked at me in dig. I also bit my lips to stay serious, which made my friend swallow hard. As I noticed this, I loosened my teeth from my lips.

"But last night you still tasted my food, and you are still alive," my friend looked at me like a small child. Which made me and his family laugh even more. As reparations and consolation, I pressed a kiss on his lips. After that I wanted to go to the kitchen, but Lando had captured me.

Played in shock, he looked at me: "You can't leave me alone with them?" All I could do was shake my head, but his mother was of the same opinion as Lando. Not that I needed him to support him emotionally. She wanted more of us boys to get to know each other better. So, Adam had to believe in it and follow his wife into the kitchen.