Chapter 31

"What's going on with you today? First you surprise me with the kiss and now you are silent," it burst out to me. We had just turned onto the highway and Lando was still silent.

Shortly, my friend had looked at me for a second: "This Williams employee took you off with his eyes. All the fuses have burned through with me, I'm sorry. I'm not the jealous guy, but this Spanish employee was just disgusting.' Now I couldn't stop laughing, Lando Norris was jealous of a mechanic.

"I'd love to tell you now that you should look in a mirror, but I don't want to die. Maison wouldn't even be able to reach out to you with a ladder. The only thing such guys give you are broken hearts. You, on the other hand, give me much more, the feeling of sitting here next to you is indescribable. Lando Norris, no one could keep up with you, never," I immediately clarified. I had only briefly touched Lando's arm, but immediately wanted to let go. Lando, on the other hand, seemed to pursue a different goal. He took one hand off the wheel and weaved our fingers into each other. Since I only had the bandage, it was also with my official still broken hand. On Friday I would go to the doctor quickly in the morning and then only carry a rail for safety.

Luckily, I looked at my friend from the side, who had also looked at me for a second. At that moment I would have liked to have stopped the time forever, my life seemed perfect for a moment. Unfortunately, the time went faster in such moments and so the one hour drive felt like five minutes. Unfortunately, I had to let go of his hand as we walked down the highway. But he did not enter the city, but remained on the edge of the city. It should have been clear to me that he did not live in the middle of a city, but what I saw in front of me took my breath away.

A street full of villas or let's say big houses stretched in front of us. In the middle of the road, Lando stopped in front of a gate and let the disc down. He quickly stopped a little in front of a scanner and then entered a code before the gate opened in front of us.

Behind the gate stretched a handsome house with a garage. Lando also drove into this, he turned off the engine and looked at me. Since I still looked a bit shocked, Lando had to start laughing.

"Welcome to my home. What did you expect me to live in a two-room apartment and share it with friends?" he was visibly amused. Of course I didn't expect this, but a whole house that didn't seem to be very simple, I hadn't expected that yet. My mum lived in a villa, but she also had three children and was married, she needed a little more space than Lando. I had imagined a luxury apartment and not an entire house.

It was hard for me to get out of my shock: "What do you need so much space for? Do you have a family that I don't know about?"" Again my friend had to laugh and shake his head. Relief erupted in me, even if it meant more than fun, I had been really afraid of his answer for a second. Because fun could quickly get serious, you already understand what I mean.

We got out of the car and I looked right in his packed garage. There were two other cars standing here, one of which was not from McLaren, which was probably his own. On the wall, as in any garage, there was a shelf full of boxes. A bicycle was also on a wall and other sporting goods, which he probably did not use too often. Football alone wasn't fun, and he didn't have much time besides his training.

At one door, the Briton was waiting for me to circle the car and come to him. When I noticed this, I did. He opened the door and let me into the house first. Out of pure habit, I took off my shoes, something Adriana had taught me. Lando did the same to me and put his shoes in a closet filled with shoes. I was surprised to see my friend scratching his neck embarrassed. Not that I had few shoes, but mine were always spread over three countries now four.

"Should I show you everything first or eat something first", I decided for a small tour through the house. After all, I didn't want to get lost if I had to go to the toilet.