Chapter 8

Maria was at the door. Her eyes became big when she discovered Lando probably behind me in my room. It must have looked a bit wrong, but I just didn't have the words. Perplexed, I stared at my stepmother, and she turned her into a racer. I couldn't say where Lando was looking because he was standing in my back.

Maria winked strongly with her false eyelashes before she caught herself: "Sorry children I didn't want to disturb, but I thought that someone would desperately get my help. As I see it, I have already been replaced." I quickly stopped her before she could leave, as I still needed to be made up and I doubted Lando could. Even if, knowing him so close to me made me mad.

"First, you're not really older than us and secondly, I could never replace you, who would do the makeup to me," I looked at my stepmother with a dog's look. She sighed but then let me drag her into the room. Lando had quickly made his way out of the dust. Which had made Maria laugh, as it had been almost cursed. I had only looked at him stupidly until I was groped.

With a brush, she just applied my eyeshadow to me: "Do I need to know something between you and the racer?" Since she can hardly change her facial expressions, I had learned to see the facial expressions in her voice. She had clearly meant this comment in a very suggestive way, which was unpleasant to me, as was so much today.

"Nothing, there will never be anything," laughter rang out in front of me. That's why I opened my eyes and looked at Maria. Even though the laughter came out of her mouth, the rest of her face was monotonous. When I first heard her laugh, it was almost creepy. As a small child I would have been crying away, fortunately I had already been 17.

Shaking my head, my stepmother looked at me: "We're talking about this at Christmas, you probably won't need any longer. Fight only against yourself, but don't come running howling when it's too late. » I didn't say anything more about it, let her believe what she wanted. When Maria put something in her head, it was hard to get out of there. So, I didn't bother to talk to her again.

At 9 p.m., it knocked on my door, which I opened with momentum. I grabbed my purse before I extinguished the light and looked back into my room. Sure, that I hadn't forgotten anything, I stepped out the door. This much behind me in the castle and was therefore too locked.

With a broad grin, Victoria stood in front of me: "What do you still have in mind today? And I thought I had exaggerated a little bit." Laughing, we hacked into each other and headed to the bar. Of course, we could have had a drink at the hotel bar, but it wasn't the same. So, we were proud of the exit of the hotel too when we were stopped by a voice.

Turning a blind eye, Victoria looked at her brother and his colleagues: "I put on what I want. If it doesn't suit you, don't look." So, she pulled me out with her. First, I stumbled two three steps because I had been a bit distracted. Two beautiful brown eyes had once again captivated me, through these eyes I had forgotten everything around me. Luckily, I got caught before I fell to the ground in front of everyone. Without looking backwards, I tried to keep up with the Dutchwoman. It wasn't until we left the Hotel terrain that they went back to normal. Since Lando's eyes had still thrown me out of the concept, I was not able to say anything.

"Someone caught it," the laughter from the side brought me back into the now. Confused, I looked at the Dutchwoman, because I didn't quite understand what she meant. What had it caught me with? A vicious circle had now formed, because Victoria had to laugh even more because of my expression, which only made me even more confused.

With her breath laughing and tears in her eyes, she looked at me: "I mean Lando. I've seen your eyes several times and my hand on your leg. What's going on?"" Now Victoria started like that. Even if there is a certain attraction, there was nothing between me and the Englishman and would never be anything. My hormones just played a bit crazy, in less than a week Lando would be like any other guy for me. I was convinced of that.

I quickly told the blonde. By her facial expression alone, I realized that she didn't believe me. But she let the subject rest and hooked up with me again. Together we stomped through the streets of Monza. It was almost dark, so the lanterns were already on, but were not really needed yet.

Arriving at the bar there was already a lot going on. There were just two bar stools left, which we sat down on. So, Victoria ordered 10 shot glasses with vodka inside. Confused, I looked at her as she pushed me half. I wasn't a fan of pure vodka, of course I would drink it for her sake, because she couldn't know. But I didn't understand why she had ordered them. Even though I had a foreboding, I still wanted to hear it from her mouth. No matter what was to come, I was sure I wouldn't leave this bar soberly.

"We're playing a game now," I guessed, "we take turns asking ourselves. If I ask you something and you answer, then I drink, you don't want to answer, then you drink. Understood? » Since I had planned to be a little more open to Victoria, I agreed without whining. The Dutchwoman happily claps her hands and starts with the first question. Since the first questions were still very superficial, the questioner always had to drink.

"Do you already have sex?" without hesitation I grabbed the newly filled shot glasses. In the meantime, the vodka didn't burn in the neck and really felt like water. I could already feel the alcohol in my veins, after my 6 glass. I was a small, rather petite woman, so I didn't need a lot of alcohol. Vic, as I have since called her, also seemed cheerful.

I briefly thought about what I should ask the Dutchwoman: "Have you ever used your brother, come into contact with someone you liked?" I wasn't even finished asking the question when the alcohol ran down her throat. I interpreted this reaction as yes. But I wouldn't ask, the subject seemed uncomfortable to her.

"If you could decide freely, what would you want to do. Professionally, I mean," I stared at a glass in front of me. Never in my life had I ever thought about it, because I never had to. Since I can think, it was clear what would become of me. Of course, this had been instilled in me by my parents before I could even talk, but I couldn't imagine any other profession.

I looked thoughtfully to the blonde: "You know, my parents have always talked about me going to continue their family business one day. It's been like this since I could think, so there was never anything else for me. Whether it's up to me or my parents, I'd choose the companies. My grandfather and great-grandfather built them up with everything they had, I would never let this inheritance go down."

With a laugh on her lip, the Dutchman put on a glass again and let the liquid slide down her neck. But she seemed to think a little bit about my answer. I could understand if someone thought I was doing this only for my parents. But I didn't know anything else, it was my destiny. I owed it not only to my family but also to my conscience and maybe mum and dad would be proud of me.

After 6 more shots, we paid and tormented out of the bar. Since the bartender didn't want to give us anything anymore, we found a move to the hotel would not be bad. The world fluctuated around me slightly, but I didn't mind. Vic and I just laughed and hooked up again. We had taken off the high heels and now we wore them in our hands. Singing loudly at Britney Spears, we walked through the dark streets of the Italian city. We didn't care that some of the residents weren't happy with our singing. We had our fun and not too little alcohol in our blood. I could feel my stomach clearly, but I wouldn't stop yet. Should he hate me for the rest of my life, but I just had as much fun as I haven't had in a long time.

Laughing we arrived at the hotel, but it wasn't yet. We had made ourselves comfortable outside on the loungers by the pool. I had quickly picked up two bottles at the hotel bar, as my father owned the hotel, it was okay from my drunken point of view. I couldn't imagine that someone could get annoyed tomorrow if two bottles were missing. My conscience had turned off, I would never have dared to sober.

Victoria had started filling glasses again and stretched out one to me. I happily took the glass off her and sat on a couch opposite her. Laughing, we continued our game until we came up with the idea with duties. In the beginning, in the beginning, still say funny things like tongue-breakers. But when the alcohol level was at the top, we probably came up with the dumbest idea you could have drunk. By this I mean an idea that was really dangerous. So, to all the children, don't do it.

Drunk as we were, we found a cooling down in the pool as something meaningful. But before I could jump in the pool, the Dutchwoman at least thought about my plaster. As tight as a drunk woman could hurry up, Vic made her way behind the pool counter. She came back with a garbage bag and tape. It was assembly tape; I could see that despite the duplication.

She giggled over my hand and began to tie the tape to my arm and garbage bag. My arm was compacted more and more tightly with adhesive strips, so I probably wouldn't get a lot of blood in my arm anymore. But the alcohol didn't make me feel this, I jumped up joyfully. Together we ventured to the edge of the pool. Just stupid that we were on the deep side of the pool, with over 2.5m. no one could stand here anymore. I with my 1.60 m. certainly not anymore.

Laughing, we stopped them and jumped into the cool water. When we showed up, we started spraying each other with water. We lost sight of the edge of the pool and drifted in the direction with the pool. Even there, neither Vic nor I could stand.

The alcohol clouded our senses in such a way that we realized too late that we no longer had any strength. Panicked, I started looking around. But I couldn't really see the edge of the pelvis. My assessment was so strongly influenced that I could not tell whether the edge was two or even ten meters away. We began to trample and moved back into the deeper water. In our view, this was the next way out.

Before we could reach the edge, my arms and legs cramped. Vic didn't seem to be any different. In one fell swoop, my head was empty, and I started screaming. Again, and again I dived under the water. But fight me up every time and keep screaming. Vic had done the same to me, but no one seemed to hear it. Tears mixed with the chlorine water. When I went down again and now really had no strength to bring me to the surface. Fearing, I pinched my eyes tightly and tried to think of something relaxing. The fear of dying did not disappear, however, which made the situation even more unbearable.