Chapter 7

In the arms of my father and Maria I found myself with a champagne glass. We were still the only ones in the dining room, hopefully it would stay that way, I thought. I was embarrassed how my parents and boots made such a big deal out of it. Precisely because I had embezzled them from a not-so-small detail. I felt bad about it, but I didn't want to tell the truth. So, I made good faces to the bad game, where my lie was not so bad.

"Maybe you get to know a pretty boy," my stepmother saw me conspiratorially. While my dad was doing everything out of my face a lot, he tried to displace this subject as best he could. But I suddenly got hot, and I was probably as red as a tomato. Even though Maria was only 6 years older than me, she was my stepmother. As such, I respected them and who wanted to discuss something like this with their parents, whether organic or otherwise.

My father had regrouped: Or you make a big bow around boys, because men are. Maria and I looked at him now in dismay. He was a man himself, so he had just insulted himself. He probably meant all men but himself. As I said before, from my father's point of view I should die as an old virgin. Well, Virgo wasn't possible before. For my safety, no one knew this, other than Mirella my best friend.

"Don't worry Mario, we'll keep an eye on the little one. In addition, Claire will load her with work, that she has no time for boys," the two team bosses joined us laughing. If possible, I had become even redder. Because I was really uncomfortable with it. Thankfully, Dad hit Mr Horner, who had assured him that he would be careful. I probably found out about a daughter myself, even if I only had a stepdaughter who was a certain age. The situation did not make me any more pleasant, so I rushed out of the dust.

Victoria stood next to her brother and giggled: "I don't think there's anything left with fun." Embarrassed, I laughed with her, never thinking about the fun. I really wanted to make an effort and take the internship seriously. Whether I wanted to or not, my destiny was to take over my parents' companies. I had always been told why I never thought about what I wanted to do.

"How did the training go with you?" all four riders looked at me with a laugh. Admittedly, the change of theme was really pathetic. But I didn't think of a response to Victoria's statement, so I saw the only way I could escape another awkward situation.

Alex was the first to catch himself: "Well, just have to make a few adjustments." I was so grateful that they hadn't ignored my throw-in. I would have been reluctant to continue talking about my non-existent love life with strangers. Even though she liked each other, it was a bit too personal for me.

The others had only voted for Alex, and so we had settled down at a table for six. To the left of me had Victoria sat down and on the right Lando, opposite me still Max. Carlos sat on the other side of Lando and between Carlos and Max there was Alex. It was a more or less round table, so everyone could talk to anyone. But the men had got involved in a conversation about the track, Victoria was trying to get out of me during that time.

"Have you ever had a friend, I mean only because of your father", my champagne promptly slipped into the wrong tube in my neck. Coughing, I tried to get some air, which drew Lando's attention to me. Politely, he tried to help me with a slight knock on my back. Which really helped. But now all eyes were on me from the table and I owed the Dutchwoman the answer.

The blonde looked at me, and I tried to make myself a little smaller on the chair: "My father doesn't know everything either." Victoria started laughing and the boys had no idea what I was talking about. Asking, they looked at us, but Max's sister only wavered, which I acknowledged with a thankful look. She was maybe only a year older than me, but I had only met her today, so she didn't have to know everything about me.

"Women," had been everything Max said. Instead, he had received a kick against his shin from his sister. Satisfied, I raised my hand so that Victoria could beat, because the Dutchman really deserved that kick. The others could only laugh. Because it was also really a bit fun for outsiders.

We enjoyed the appetizer and were all still, the silence was a little unpleasant, but I didn't want to break it either. I didn't know enough about the others to raise a topic. I was always careful with such things, because I didn't want to get too close to anyone and fat cups were lurking everywhere.

"What else are we doing tonight?" asked Victoria, before stuffing a fork full of salad into her mouth. I quickly put one in my mouth as well, so I couldn't answer at first. I wasn't sure if that was all my dad wanted to say in the car last night or if there was more to come. Of course, I hoped for the former, who wanted a sermon.

All the drivers refused because they were supposedly tired and had to get out of their feathers early. Eye-turning, the blonde had received the answers, she had probably not bought the excuses from the boys. Hopefully she looked at me, which made me uncomfortable. It was embarrassing to admit that I still had to ask my father at the age of 20, but I wanted to spare myself for the last two days with Dad.

I was embarrassed to see Victoria: "I have to ask Dad, he said he wanted to talk to me yesterday. But maybe it's already done." With raised eyebrows, the one year older looked at me. Which only made me even more uncomfortable. Carefully, one hand lay on my knee. To make it as unnoticed as possible, I only briefly squinted down on Lando's hand. I would have pushed any other hand away immediately, but something in me wanted the British hand there.

My gaze slid to Max, who did not look directly at me, but Lando's arm. It must have been clear that this was going in my direction, but the Dutchman said nothing. What should he have said, nor was he entitled to it. His eyes then slid to me, and he smiled at me with a certain foreboding. I shook my head almost imperceptibly, causing the boy to grin. Eye-turning, I looked away from my counterpart, should he think what he wanted.

I quickly disappeared after the appetizer to Dad, because the blonde had left me no rest. So that no one else could hear anything, I whispered in his ear when I asked him for permission. Smiling, he also gave it to me because I wanted to do something with a girl. I then made my way back to our table and told Victoria the good news. With a broad grin, she looked at me as if she had won the lottery.

"Do you know a good bar? Or would we rather go to a disco?" before she could make even more suggestions, I agreed to the bar. I didn't like discos, there were just too many people too loud for my taste and the music. When I go out with someone, I want to talk to them. In a disco this was impossible, and there was always a stank for sweat and alcohol.

With a happy grin, Victoria stabbed herself in a piece of a boiled carrot and stuffed it into her mouth. Shaking my head, I also turned to my plate and shoved a fork full of potato gratin into my mouth. From the side I could feel the view of Lando on me, without noting this I immediately pushed a second fork into it. A movement in my corner of my eye told me that even now the man to my right. My muscles relaxed, only now I realized that I had become a little cramped. His looks and closeness just made me nervous.

After the dessert we girls said goodbye and went to the elevators. Together we went up to the top floor. We had remained silent because we were too busy with our mobile phones. I didn't really have anything to do, I just didn't want to stand around stupidly. I stopped at my door and arranged to meet the blonde for 9 p.m. So, we would have a good hour to get ready. Since an hour was not much, if you wanted to shower with a plaster, I preferred to hurry.

Holding a handout of the shower I tried to hurry, which was really not easy, but I managed some crowds. I quickly rubbed myself dry with the towel before tapping into the closet in my underwear. I stood infront to this one, before opting for a rather short red dress with not too little neckline. I took gold heel shoes. But I got stuck with the zipper because I can't run. To make it myself, I stepped in front of the mirror but got a shock at first. I had forgotten my non-waterproof eyelash ink and looked like a panda or vampire. I hurriedly wiped the work of art over my face with make-up cloths, removing the artwork from my face.

Since the mirror couldn't help me to make the dress, I sat down on the bed in frustration. I briefly thought about what to do, where Victoria's room was, I didn't know. I didn't have her number either, so I could have written to her. Actually, All I knew was where my father's room was and after this morning I didn't want to go there. Again, I didn't want to wait until it was 9 p.m. Eventually we had agreed to leave.

Desperately, I sent my stepmother a message, but the ticks didn't want to turn blue. I had wanted to drive through my hair, and I realized that they were still wet. So at least I decided to take care of my long hair. I stood in front of the mirror a bit awkwardly and tried to get my hair dry. I kept letting my eyes slide to the chat with Maria, but she was probably too busy. I didn't want to know what she was doing, that she didn't have time to look at her phone.

When my hair was dry, I wanted to clear the hair dryer, but it fell to the ground. Swearing, I picked up the thing and put it back in the cupboard under the sink. Immediately I could hear loud knocking on my door, I ran to the door in a hurry. I was expecting Maria, but the British man was at the door. Worried, he looked down at me, which confused me.

"Everything okay with you, just heard the loud noise from your room. So not that I'd been standing here, I was just walking by," I raised an eyebrow. Embarrassed, the Briton looked at me and scratched the back of my head. It just looked too sweet as he was standing at my door and probably worried. When he let his gaze wander down me, he had to swallow once. But he pulled himself together and looked up at my face again.

With a slight smile, I looked at him: "Everything I liked just fell down the hair dryer. But you could do me a favor and help me with the zipper. Maria doesn't answer and I don't know Victoria's number. I'm really desperate." Believe me, if I hadn't finished with my nerves, I would never have asked Lando to do so. He just nodded a little embarrassed and entered my room. When the door was closed, he looked at me a little unsure. That's why I just stood with my back to him.

Carefully, he reached for the zipper that started just above my butt, swiping my skin. A shower spread over my back and my mouth became completely dry. Lando probably couldn't get any better, because I couldn't feel his breath anymore. When he closed the dress, I turned to the brown-haired one. His eyes did not radiate this joy as usual; they had become a little darker, which made them even more attractive. Without saying anything, we just stared at each other and I could feel a pull in my abdomen. Normally I was uncomfortable when I was aroused something or someone, but I just enjoyed the feeling. Unfortunately, our moment was disturbed by a knock on the door.