Chapter 88

"Laura?" Mirella looked at me worried. As predicted, we got along again right after university. Together we sat on the train home, but I was still right next to me because of what happened in the university.

Confused, I looked at my best friend. "Do we want to buy the colors and furniture for our apartment tomorrow?" For a second I didn't understand what she was saying, but then I was finally back in the here and now.

"Sure, after all, I don't want to go the long way to university forever. In addition, we already pay the rent, then we should finally live together in the apartment," I assured her. We had rented an apartment together on the outskirts of Zurich, but it still needs some renovation from our side. Our landlord had given us permission to paint everything the way we wanted it.

Mirella grinned broadly at me: "Then we will drive my car to the university tomorrow, since tomorrow we will both only have university in the morning, we can leave immediately afterwards. I thought of a lilac tone for the living room and an orange tone for the kitchen." I just agreed with her, I personally didn't care about the colors, Mirella, on the other hand, seemed to have the whole apartment set up in her head, which was good, because we complemented each other so much.

"But we should leave the guest room in white and everyone can paint their room in the colors as you like," I just nodded again. She was definitely more engaged than me when it came to our apartment. Maybe because I didn't really want to live there. But I had to, because I just couldn't live at home with Lando. Not while I was at university, even if I didn't want anything more.

In the last few months I had become so accustomed to living with Lando that it felt wrong to have an apartment without him, even though Mirella and I had always imagined a shared flat. Funny how life managed to change dreams. What once seemed right and meant everything was suddenly void, just because of a single encounter.

Mirella took several pictures out of her pocket: "What do you think of the black corner sofa and the glass table, they would fit perfectly into the living room. Then this oak table for the dining room, with these black leather chairs." I looked at her with big eyes, she had probably already planned everything, while I was still reluctant to move in.

"They're awesome," I said, masking my feelings of guilt. "Do I have to do anything at all?" I tried to convey the last part as a joke, but actually I only felt guilty towards her because I didn't enjoy her as much as she did.

"If you'd rather have something different, we can look around even further. I didn't want to be too decisive and choose everything already, after all, it should be our apartment"," she had probably misunderstood my sentence.

I quickly shook my head. "They're perfect, I'm just so sorry that I haven't done anything so far." Immediately the dark-skinned woman smiled at me again and wavered off.

"You have just enough around your ears and so I can find some distraction from you already know who. And if I can help you with your assignments or learning, tell me. Plus, that's the least I can do, because you're already paying all the rent." I had insisted on it, because she wasn't exactly small and she wasn't earning much with her waiter job.

"As long as you live with me and don't leave me alone in the apartment, it's help enough for me." Since Lando was in my life, I didn't want to be alone anymore, so I would have done everything to make Mirella live with me in the apartment. In this case, it was the rent to pay.

The rest of the trip we had been mostly silent and listened to music, as we had both been really tired. "All right with you?" Mirella looked at me questioningly, which had surprised me once again.

"Yes, everything is fine. I just forgot how exhausting such a day at university could be. That we also had to start with a whole day," I said wistfully and now my best friend started laughing out loud. Even though I wanted to stay serious, I couldn't last long and laughed too.