Chapter 89

Tired, I had somehow made it out of bed in the morning, so I was on time at the meeting point and we could go. As expected, we felt like we were stuck in traffic jams forever, as it felt like the whole of Switzerland had to go to work in Zurich.

Since neither of us were morning people, we stayed still and for once I didn't sing along to the songs on the radio. Somehow I didn't sleep well during the night, I had constantly seen either Lando or yesterday's man in my dream, but I didn't like all the dreams. So every two minutes I startle sweat bathed from the dreams and needed at least an hour until I could continue to sleep.

When I arrived at the university, I proceeded because Mirella had to look for a parking space and had her lectures in the other direction anyway. Alone I had to squeeze through the full corridors. My heart raced and my gaze turned in a different direction every second.

After last night, I was afraid of the guy and hoped not to see him today: "Are you looking for someone?" Frightened, I looked to the right, where he stood casually on the wall like in teen movies.

"No", I wanted to leave quickly. All the instincts in me advised me to flee, but he just couldn't be gotten rid of. Because he just followed me, which could also be due to the fact that he was in the same study as me.

He walked casually next to me while I was almost running. "Why so hurried? The lecture will only start in 20 minutes." God as I hated him and feared him at the same time. His words yesterday had made it clear to me that he, like my family and Maison, belonged to the underworld of the mafia. Only I felt that he was not like Maison, his eyes yesterday had betrayed him.

"I have to go for little girls." With that I saved myself in the toilet. There I locked myself in a cabin and dialed the first number that came to mind.

It took some time for a tired voice to come forward: "Did something happen? Should I come to Zurich?" I had to hold back tears, because I wanted nothing more than to say yes, but I couldn't. Maison was right, I wasn't allowed to put Lando in danger.

"I just wanted to hear your voice, I'm sorry, I totally forgot about the time difference. Just keep sleeping, we'll talk tonight," I hated myself for those words. I wanted nothing more than to have my boyfriend with me to make me feel safe, but my head knew it was too dangerous.

But Mi vita didn't seem to think about continuing to sleep: "Laura, what happened? You were already next to you yesterday during the video call." I had hoped that he hadn't noticed, but he probably knew me as well as I knew him.

"I miss you so terribly, I want to go home Lando", like a small child I began to cry. The homesickness, the despair and the fear ate me up inside. All I could think of was the safe haven in his arms. At the same time, however, I also knew that he could not protect me from this and that I had to get through it.

I could hear a sad sigh from him. "I also want you at home, but we both know how important studying is for you personally. You wouldn't be happy if you couldn't make your own money, even if I have enough for us and a family. You love Williams too much to let her down and I understand that."

"But I can't stand the pain anymore! I just want to go home, no matter what tomorrow might be," God I sounded desperate. My friend also seemed to notice this and tear it apart inside.

He was audibly torn: "It's getting better Laura, we just have to stay strong. Just distract yourself and set up your new apartment with Mirella, have fun with her and schwups have not even passed two weeks and you are here. You're a Russo and a Lopez you don't just give up, not after you've learned so much for study." Grinning, I thanked him before I let him sleep.

After I had caught myself again, I dared to get out of the toilets. "It took quite a long time, what did you do?" I raised an eyebrow because I thought it was a rhetorical question, but he really wanted an answer from me.