Chapter 80

"There is my princess and her prince has also come," Antonio grinned broadly at me. My uncle loved it when he could annoy me and with princess he annoyed me extremely, of course he knew this only too well.

Lando behind me could hardly stand still, which is why my uncle now looked at him with amusement: "Did Romeo get cold feet? Then you should probably come in better, there are already all there. Your dad is helping Nona in the kitchen and Sophia is serving in the living room as usual."

When I went in, I hugged my uncle briefly and dragged Lando into the kitchen with me. Campari ran around excitedly with his teddy in his mouth and Soda, probably looked for a quiet place for her afternoon nap. We had already brought the suitcases to my room at the hotel before, which was the advantage if the father was the owner of a hotel and lived there. You always had a room in the hotel.

Smiling broadly, I stood with Lando in the door frame to the kitchen and watched as my Nona scolded my dad: "You don't cut potatoes like that! My goodness, have I not taught you anything?" My grandmother had a wooden spoon in her hand and waved around like wild.

"Nona! How nice to see you again," I interrupted her in her rant. Surprised and full of happiness, she looked at me and came to me at the same time. She hugged me tightly and pressed some kisses left and right on my cheek. Seeing her was really a pleasure for me, as she was always so warm and really loved me like a grandchild. After all, I was their only one and would probably stay that way for a while. Neither Antonio nor Sophia were in a relationship, and Dad didn't want to have any more children.

When she noticed Lando, she let go of me: "You have to be Lando, as I am happy to meet you. Antonio told me a lot about you after his visit to London. Maybe I can even witness a great-grandson now, because my children probably don't want to give me more grandchildren. It's so nice to be Nona, especially when you get such a granddaughter. Which is becoming more and more beautiful. But now come here, I want to greet you properly. You have muscles, then you will be able to protect Laura well."

While she greeted Lando as much as I did, I looked at my father. He looked like this, he would worry about anything he never actually showed. But immediately I noticed that Maria was missing and Antonio had said nothing about her. She actually celebrated since she was with dad with us.

"Where is Maria? Is she with Aunt Sophia?", I wanted to pass Nona and Lando. When my father's voice said my name and forced me to stand still. I turned my head to him only to see him get up and come to me.

Questioningly, I looked at him: "Maria is not here, and she will not come, never again." It was like a slap in the face, I really didn't expect that. Even though changing women was nothing new with my father, but this time I did not think that Maria would one day leave, not since I had Lando.

"What happened? And more importantly, when?", I just didn't understand anything anymore. I had forgotten Lando and Nona for that moment, because I had to focus on my father so that he could not simply escape me. As a small child, I had left it at the explanation, but now I was an adult. He could no longer come to me with my age and like ulling teeth from him, I wanted to know what had happened.

He stood right in front of me: "She wanted to leave, a few weeks ago." I didn't understand anything anymore, because I knew how much Maria had loved my father. She had also asked me if my father was ready for marriage, and I really thought he would enter into it with her.

"What happened? She wouldn't want to leave just like that, she loved you too much for that, she proved that often enough. And when did you want to tell me this? Why don't you call me for something like that? Do I have no right to know if my father and stepmother separate?", he would not escape me so easily. I was tired of the fact that I always endured it when someone just disappeared from my life.

Where life leads usOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara