Chapter 14

I would have preferred to have sat down as a pilot, because Mum and Luca were cuddling on the sofa. Since the companies were doing very well, they could also afford to have a private jet. In my whole life, I had never flown on an airliner, because my parents wouldn't allow it.

I had sat down at the front of the jet and immediately plugged in headphones. Since we had W-Lan, I had written Vic a message on Insta. I couldn't say goodbye to her, so At least I had done it that way. It didn't take two seconds, and numbers came in response. I quickly saved the number and wrote her a message on What's app. So, she had my number.

Before I got a message from the Dutchwoman again, I switched back to Instagram. There I scrolled through the timeline; many photos of drivers appeared in it. I like everyone fast, other than Lando's. I stared at this for an eternity, every detail I wanted to suck into myself. Like, for example, his artificial smile, it a lot of me immediately on. His eyes were Matt and he looked tired, bad conscience arose in me. Because of me he had probably slept as badly as I did, I was just a burden.

My gaze immediately went out of the plane, beneath us was a sea of clouds. Somewhere below would be the Mediterranean, it would probably not be long before we set off for the landing. From Monza to Barcelona it was not much more than an hour by plane, provided you have a private jet. Airliners would probably takea a little longer.

At the airport my Abuela would be waiting for us with my little brothers. In the absence of Luca and Mama, she had looked at the little rascals. For their four and six years, the two boys could do a lot. Again, and again I had toaa experience it firsthand, but I still loved Matteo and Javier. Especially Javier I could never be angry for a long time, with his four he was also too sweet. I was happy to see them again, even though it wasn't really long ago that I had last seen them.

With my suitcase, I went to the arrival's hall in Barcelona after my mother and her husband. When they were with Abuela, Matteo and Javier, I stopped a little bit. My mother's mother was a firmer little woman. A Latina through and through. Her black hair with grey strands had tied her together to a strand squid at the back of her head. First, she greeted mum and then Luca. She looked at me only briefly and nodded to me. She was a strict believer, which is why I am sin in person. Unlike Nonna, she had probably never said anything love to me. If she had spoken to me, it was just to scold me. Abuelo, her husband, on the other hand, was always kind to me. Unfortunately, he died less than a year ago.

His death still hurt me a lot to this day, he had been the only one of Mum's immediate family who had not treated me like the last one. For him, I had been his grandchild, whether I was wanted or not. Unfortunately, however, he had not had much to say. Abuela had always had to say clearly what I had felt all too often as a child. As a child, I was always very hurt because I didn't understand what I had done to her. By the time I was a teenager, I realized that my existence alone was too much for her, and she would have preferred to throw me into a river.

Little ones encircled my legs and hips. Big button eyes looked up to me from below, which only made the picture sweeter. Both had mum's brown teddy eyes and Luca's black hair. In general, the two looked very similar, but they didn't share anything with me. Eventually I had my dad's eyes and my mum's hair. It had happened many times that I was thought of as the nanny. Even though I always tried to take it with humor, it hurt a bit when outsiders thought I didn't belong in this family.

"Have you missed," Matteo looked at me. That's why I couldn't help but swoon his hair. Immediately he let me go and looked at me insulted. His hair was already sacred to him, which is why he was sour. The little Witch eagerly tried to straighten his hair again.

Javier, on the other hand, pulled on my arm and wanted to get my attention. Luca always thought that the little one was a total sister child. As soon as he heard my name, he just wanted to go to me. It was good that at least the little one liked me, even if I was only his half-sister. But Mum and Luca had always insisted that we are not half-siblings, but siblings. It was a nice gesture from them, but the day would come when they understood that Luca was not my dad. From that day on, they would have to decide for themselves what I was for them. For me, they were my siblings.