Chapter 91

"Where does it belong, because this thing belongs here?", I lifted up a piece of wood. Since Mirella found we can build everything together ourselves, we now felt like we had been sitting for hours at the first of the three beds, which was intended for the guest room.

Shrugging her shoulders, the dark-skinned woman now looked at me: "Won't be so important, or do you just see where something is missing?" I shook my head carefully, but was sure that the thing belonged somewhere for a reason. But in order not to cause an argument, I preferred to remain silent.

"I could use a coffee, do you want one?" I wanted to know from my best friend. But she shook her head and set about building up the dessert while I rose from the floor.

Since we didn't have a machine yet, I put on my clothes and went down the street to Starbucks: "That's how you see each other again? Your apartment is looking better and better." The blood in my veins froze when he appeared next to me.

"How do you know what it looks like in our apartment, for something we have curtains", this man scared me more and more. But I didn't want to show him that, so I tried to sound calm.

A tired smile crept onto his lips: "I know everything about you and the people around you. So don't think you can escape your fate. Because blood demands blood."

"Then take my blood now? If you want to kill me, what are you waiting for?", where this courage came from, I didn't know. But I had had enough of the psycho, which seemed to amuse him even more.

But now he pressed me with a jolt against a house wall behind me: "So many questions and yet no answers you get must be quite frustrating. Even Maison is so silent from you, even though he would have all the answers." With wide eyes I looked at him, how did he know the Williams mechanic.

"How do you know Maison?", once again the man just laughed. God, how I hated this. Was it so difficult to just give a concrete answer? Apparently, yes, because he didn't give me any.

Instead, he leaned over to my ear, "No matter where you go, I am your shadow. So beware of the dark." With that he left me on the wall of the house, where he went, I did not even notice, because I was still standing next to me. But I immediately realized that I needed answers. I would get this on Saturday at the car presentation of Williams, from Maison personally. If the guy knew Maison, it had to be the other way around.

Resolutely, I quickly got my coffee before I went back to the apartment: "But that took a long time, I have already managed two out of three bedside tables." In fact, she seemed to have been more productive than me, which made me feel guilty again.

"Just had a lot of people there," a fat lie. I had been the only one, but my girlfriend didn't have to know that. Because now I was sure that it was better if no one knew about the guy.

Without saying another word, I pulled down the curtains and cranked down the blinds: "Did anything happen?" She had gotten up and stood right next to me at the now darkened window.

"No, only the sun blinded me. In addition, I don't want anyone to be able to look into it," I turned away. Without saying a word, I took the instructions for the closet.

My best friend looked skeptical and probably knew only too well that I had lied: "No matter what happened, you can always talk to me. I'm your best friend Laura, nothing you could do could change that." But I hadn't done anything myself, but my family.

"Thank you, Mirella. But nothing has happened, I promise. Trust me," she reluctantly gave in. Even though she knew it wasn't. Only she knew that I would be silent about it forever and she could only accept it.

Around 10 o'clock in the evening we had our bedrooms ready enough to sleep in the beds. Only I couldn't sleep, so I lay awake in my bed and stared at the ceiling. My thoughts revolved around the man, Maison and my family. Again and again I asked myself what else was concealed from me.