Feeling Better? ~ Kane Brown

Requested by Keli0596

It wasn't often that I got to go to Kane's shows. My work kept me so busy that it was hard to travel, so I only got to go to the shows that were close to home. Originally I had been excited about going to his show, but as I picked up more hours at work and the week dragged on, I wasn't feeling up to it. When Kane called to see what time I would be at the venue, he sounded so excited that I didn't have the heart to skip out on his show.

Which is why I was currently pulling up outside of the venue and texting Kane that I was here. Before I could even take two steps towards the back door, Kane was rushing out of it, straight towards me. When he reached me, he picked me up and spun me once, "Hey, babe! I'm so glad you're here." He set me down and I leaned against him as he led me into the building.

Kane set me down on a couch backstage as he went to get ready for his show. I pushed myself to stay awake, not wanting to disappoint Kane, but it was getting increasingly hard to keep the exhaustion at bay. Just as my eyes slipped shut, Kane bounded up to me, "You're not falling asleep on me, are you?" I shook my head, quickly getting to my feet. Kane stared at me, putting a hand on my shoulder, "You feeling okay?"

I nodded, "I'm fine." He stared at me and I nodded again, grabbing his hand, "Really I'm good. Let's go." Kane and I walked to the wings of the stage where he kissed my forehead before rushing onto the stage to the sound of a cheering crowd. I stayed where I was, watching as Kane went through his set, singing his heart out to the packed venue. As each song finished I could feel myself getting weaker. It wasn't until the last song that the dizziness took over. I tried to make my way back to the couch I was on earlier, but I only made it a few steps before I collapsed to the floor, darkness taking over.

I awoke to the beeping of a heart monitor and soft humming from the person sitting next to my bed. I squeezed Kane's hand and he stopped humming, immediately leaning forward to look me in the eyes. He smiled when he saw me awake and I tried to smile back, but I was still so tired. Kane's thumb rubbed circles on the back of my hand as he stared down at me, "How are you feeling?"

I attempted to shrug my shoulders, "I'm okay." He nodded and I squeezed his hand again, "I'm sorry about your show."

He brushed some hair away from my forehead, "Hey, you're way more important than any show."

I smiled up at him, "I love you, Kane."

He leaned closer to me, "I love you too." He quickly pressed his lips to mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you like it! Just so everyone knows, my list of requests is quite long now, so it may take some time for me to get through everything. Thanks for reading!