I'll Be Home For Christmas ~ Kip Moore

Requested by AldeanThomasMooreFan

I stared over at the Christmas tree that stood in the corner of the tiny apartment that I shared with my boyfriend. Since Kip had been away for the entire month, I had decorated it by myself. I sighed. It was Christmas Eve and Kip wasn't going to be home for a few more days. There was a knock at the door and I sighed as I got to my feet. Opening the door, I was met with my three best friends grinning at me. I smiled back and pulled them into the apartment, "Time for candy cane martinis!" They cheered and Kelley and I went to the kitchen to start making drinks.

"So how are you doing?"

I poured four glasses full of delicious martinis, "I'm fine."

Kelley chuckled, "You don't sound fine. You were moping and staring dramatically at your Christmas tree before we got here, weren't you?"

I felt my cheeks heat up, "Shut up!"

She laughed out loud, "I knew it!" Her face softened and she put her hand on my shoulder, "He'll be home by the end of the month. Don't worry."

I nodded as I placed the glasses onto a tray, "I know." Kelley followed me into the living room where Aubrey and Liz were already seated, staring at my Christmas tree.

Liz smiled at me, "Your tree looks so beautiful."

I handed her a glass, "Why thank you."

About three candy cane martinis later, we were falling all over each other, laughing. As my laughter died down, I leaned back into the couch cushions, a wave of sadness flowing over me.

Liz noticed that I had disappeared and she nudged my knee, "What's your Christmas wish?" I sighed, pulling myself to sit up straight. The lock on the door clicked and I whipped my head around to see Kip in the doorway. He grinned at me and I felt tears start to build in my eyes.

"That...is what I wanted." I jumped up from the couch and jumped into Kip's open arms. He spun me around once before putting me back on my feet and kissing me deeply. I was vaguely aware of my friends cheering in the background and I pulled away from Kip with a chuckle, "I thought you weren't coming home until after Christmas?"

Kip smiled as he wiped away a few tears that had rolled down my cheeks, "That was the plan, but I couldn't stand to be away from you on Christmas." I smiled and leaned up to kiss him again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah, I know that Christmas is over, but I don't care. Sorry that this took longer than expected. Hope everyone enjoyed it!