Mistletoe ~ Kip Moore

I knocked once on the front door before throwing it open and stepping into the Thompson residence. Shawna was right there to greet me. She squealed when she saw me and threw her free arm around my shoulder in a one arm hug. I hugged her back with enthusiasm before pulling back to see Cooper in her other arm. He was dressed as a mini-Santa and I awed out loud, "Shaw, he looks so adorable." I tickled his stomach, "You're the cutest Santa I have ever seen." Cooper giggled and held his arms out to me. I happily took him from Shawna and hugged him close. Shawna smiled at me as I looked at her elf costume. "What's Keifer dressed as?"

She laughed, "He's got one of those ugly sweaters on."

I nodded, "Ah, I see. And where is he?" I looked around the room, but didn't spot him anywhere.

Shawna looked around as well, "He's around here somewhere. I think he's with Kip." She looked at me and wiggled her eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes and bounced Cooper in my arms, "Why do you always do that to me?"

My best friend laughed, "Because you have it bad for him and he has it bad for you. Y'all need to realize and get together."

I scoffed, "You're crazy." I looked at Cooper and tickled his stomach again, "Your momma is insane."

Shawna gasped, "I am not. It's the truth and you know it." She held her arms out and I passed Cooper back to her. Grabbing a drink from a nearby table, I stood with Shawna and talked about her plans for the holiday. At some point Keifer had wandered over and wrapped his arms around Shawna's waist.

During a gap in the conversation, he interjected quickly, "Hey, Polly, Kip's in the kitchen if you wanna say hello." Shawna giggled while Keifer smirked and I glared at the both of them.

"You two are impossible." I turned and started to make my way to the kitchen. I could hear them whispering behind me and I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes and turn around to stick my tongue out at them. Unfortunately for me, since I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, I walked right into someone's chest. I felt hands wrap around my arms and I turned to see Kip grinned my down at me.

"That excited to see me?"

I chuckled, "Oh yeah, I can hardly contain my excitement." I heard Shawna laugh and I turned to see her pointing above mine and Kip's heads. I hesitantly looked up to see mistletoe hanging above us.

Kip looked up as well, "What's got her so happy?" He looked back at me and I rolled my eyes.

"She thinks we're into each other and would like nothing more than for us to admit it and get together."

Kip chuckled, "Funny. Keifer was saying something similar to me earlier." I shook my head, smiling. Kip stared down at me, "I'm gonna kiss you now."

I looked up at him, shocked, "What?"

"Wouldn't want to break tradition now would we?" I shook my head slowly. He nodded and leaned down to place a quick kiss on my lips.

"Maybe we should kiss a little longer. You know to make sure we've truly honored tradition."

Kip nodded, "You're right." And then his lips were on mine again. My hands flew to his hair as his wrapped tightly around my waist. A whistle broke us apart and we turned to see Keifer and Shawna smiling at us. Kip waved them off and kissed me again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Merry Christmas everyone!!!! This is the first of my Christmas themed imagines. I have three more, I think. They'll be published later on today. Hope you liked this one. Thanks for reading!