Guitar Impressions ~ Brett Eldredge

Requested by Amanda3325

Brett had been working really hard in the studio lately and seemed to always be tired, so a couple of hours ago I suggested that he go take a nap. He was reluctant at first because we haven't been able to spend a lot of time together, but once he started snoring during The Great Gatsby, I pushed him upstairs to our bedroom. I finished the movie on my own and was now flipping through the channels, bored out of my mind. Not being able to find anything interesting to watch, I threw the remote onto the couch next to me. I puffed up my cheeks and let my eyes wander around the room. It was boring without Brett, but I wanted him to get his rest. My eyes landed on Brett's guitar which was propped up on the arm chair in the corner. I looked around, making sure I was alone, and got to my feet. I sauntered over to the chair and checked my surroundings once again. Knowing that there was no one else here, I picked up the guitar. Putting the strap over my head, I got the guitar into a comfortable position. I moved over to the coffee table and swiped a pick from the surface. Since I didn't know how to actually play, I just strummed the strings at random. I got into a sort of rhythm and started to shake my hips. I adopted a voice deeper than my own, "Hi, I'm Brett Eldredge and I'm gonna sing a song for you." I strummed the strings wildly as I danced around and started singing Don't Ya.

"Hey, Amanda. Whatcha doing, babe?" I froze. How long had he been standing there? I could hear him chuckling and I knew my face had to be the same color as a tomato by now. Finally I found the will to move and I removed the guitar and placed it back on the chair.

With my back still to Brett, I rubbed the back of my neck, "I'm not doing anything." I looked at my wrist, which was bare, "Oh is that the time? I should get dinner started." I tied to run past Brett, but he wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me off my feet. As he carried me over to the couch, I blew my bangs out of my eyes. He set me down and smiled.

"Did you want me to teach you how play the guitar?"

I looked at the rug, "No."

He chuckled, "Are you embarrassed?"

I nodded, "Yes." He laughed out loud. I hit his stomach, "It's not funny."

He calmed himself down, "I'm sorry, baby. I'm not laughing at you. I promise." He looked at me with a soft smile, "I thought it was cute." He put his hand on my cheek and moved my head so we were looking right in each other's eyes, "I think you're cute." My face heated up again and Brett laughed. I scoffed and pushed his shoulder. "Alright." He got up and grabbed the guitar. Coming to sit next to me again, he passed the guitar over, "I'm gonna teach you how to play properly, so the next time you impersonate me, it'll be spot on." I sighed, but took the guitar and held it as instructed. Brett wrapped his arms around me and helped my my hands in the right positions. He handed me a pick and showed me the strings and a few chords. We sat like that for an hour, going over the chords. Brett smiled at me, "So is that what I sound like?"

I looked up at him, "What?"

He pulled a goofy face and started to imitate my deep voice, "Hi, I'm Brett Eldredge."

I stood up and pushed the guitar into his chest, "Shut up."

He chuckled, "Sorry, baby." He pouted and I rolled my eyes. He put the guitar down, stood up and leaned his face closer to mine, still pouting. I sighed, but a smile broke out on my face. He smiled back and closed the distance between us. I smiled into the kiss, putting my hands on his cheeks. He pulled back after a minute, "I love you. Even if you suck at the guitar." I gasped and pushed him into the couch. He laughed and pulled me down with him, placing kisses all over my face until I joined in his laughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So that got done a lot quicker than I thought it would. Hope you liked it!!! If not then let me know and I'll write a new one.

This was a one word prompt imagine. The word was guitar.

Requests are open!!!!!