Song Lyrics ~ Josh Turner

Requested by xxnyrangersxx

I was in the kitchen, juggling pots and pans, trying to make dinner for me and Josh. I was currently in front of the stove, making Josh's favorite as a nice surprise for him since he's been working so hard lately. And speak the devil. Josh sauntered into the room and wrapped his arms around my waist. He kissed my cheek and rested his chin on my shoulder, "Whatcha making, babe?"

I giggled, "Dinner. Should be ready soon." Josh hummed and started to sway a bit, taking me with him.

"Baby, lock the door and turn the lights down low." I let out a laugh as he continued, "Put some music on that's soft and slow. Baby, we ain't got no place to go. I hope you understand." Josh pulled me away from the stove and grabbed my hands. He spun me out and back in, wrapping his arms around my shoulders, "I've been thinking 'bout this all day long. Never felt a feeling quite this strong. I can't believe how much it turns me on. Just to be your man." Josh spun me out and turned me around while I laughed the whole time.

"Alright, Romeo. I gotta finish dinner." Josh smiled and went to set the table. I finished up dinner and brought it out to the table. I served the food on the plates and Josh and I sat down to eat. We talked about our days as we ate, exchanging funny stories.

"Shea, this is delicious. Thank you, baby."

I smiled over at him, "You're welcome."

Josh put his fork down and looked up at me, "You know what? I wanna," and he started singing again, "See your silhouette in that firelight. Feel your body lyin' next to mine."

I sighed, "Oh please no."

He smirked and went on, "Spend a few days together alone. And just lay low." I shook my head, trying to wipe the grin from my face, and grabbed both our plates and brought them into the kitchen. Josh followed me, "Don't worry about the dishes, baby. I got 'em."

I wrapped my arms around him and stood on my toes to place a kiss on his lips, "Thank you." I left Josh to clean up and made my way to the living room. Grabbing the tv remote, I dropped on the couch and pulled my knees to my chest. Turning on the tv, I flipped the station a few times before settling on a movie. It was a while before I heard the kitchen sink shut off and Josh's footsteps echoed towards me. He stood in front of the couch for a minute before putting his boot clad foot against the side of the coffee table and pushing. The table went sliding into the wall as I stared, "What are you doing?"

He smiled down at me, "Baby, why don't we just turn that tv off. 315 channels of nothing but bad news on."

I laughed, "Oh no. Not this again."

Josh nodded and held his hand out to me, "Well it might be me, but the way I see it, the whole wide world has gone cray-azy." I shook my head, mouthing no, but Josh only waved his hand, "So, baby, why don't we just dance?" I sighed and reluctantly placed my hands in his. He wasted no time in pulling me to my feet. He spun us around the living room in a messy jive as he continued singing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you like it!! If not then let me know and I can fix it. Request again whenever you want! Requests are currently open to everyone!!