Macy's Parade ~ Kane Brown

Requested by Keli0596

Today was supposed to be a once in a lifetime, amazing experience with my best friend, but here I was, standing in the freezing cold all alone. Kelley had woken up with a killer headache and while I would never be mad at her for staying back at the hotel to rest, I was bummed that she couldn't be here with me. We had grown up watching the Macy's parade on Thanksgiving together and we finally were able to save up for a trip to New York to see it in person. Only now Kelley was stuck in a hotel room and I was alone in the crowd on the sidewalk. I stumbled forward as someone bumped into me from behind. With my eyes squeezed shut, I prepared for an impact with the sidewalk, but it never came. Instead I was being held around the waist by two strong arms. A voice sounded close to my ear, "I'm so sorry." When the person knew I was steady, he let go of my waist.

I turned to face him, "That's okay."

He shook his head, "Nah, really I should have been watching where I was going." I looked him up and down, noticing that he seemed to be alone.

I smiled, "Okay, well how about you make it up to me?"

He smirked back, leaning in closer, "What did you have in mind?"

I nodded to the cafe behind him, "Coffee?" He looked back at the cafe and then at me again.

He nodded and gently took my hand, leading me back towards the shop, "I'm Kane, by the way." I smiled and introduced myself.

After picking up our drinks, Kane and I walked back outside. "So did you wanna watch the parade together?" Kane looked down before making eye contact with me, "I mean unless you have someone else to watch with."

I shook my head, "No."

Kane nodded, moving to walk away, "Right of course you do. It was nice meeting you."

Before he could walk off, I grabbed his arm, "No, I meant I don't have anyone to watch the parade with." Kane stepped closer again and I smiled, "I'd love to watch with you."

Putting his arm around my shoulder, he smiled, "Well let's find a good spot then." And with that, we were off into the crowd, looking for the best spot to spend the rest of the morning together.

As Santa rode past on his parade float, waving to the crowd, I realized that my time with Kane had ended. The final float had rounded the corner when Kane turned to me, "I had a great time with you today."

Heat rose on my cheeks as I nodded, "Me too." We stood in silence for a minute, people jostling is as they moved past, ready to head home.

Kane pulls his phone out of his pocket, "Can I get your number and then maybe we can get together sometime?" I nodded and grabbed his phone, programming my number into it. I handed the phone back to him and he smiled, "Thanks." After exchanging goodbyes, we turned away from each other. I only got half a block away when I hear my name being called over the crowd. Turning, I saw Kane weaving through people to get to me. He stopped in front of me, leaning down and pausing an inch from my lips. I stared into his eyes and nodded, causing him to smile and press his lips against mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading! Requests are still open!!