Going to the Chapel ~ Hunter Hayes

Requested by NHLgirl22

I stood alone in the side room of the church, running my hands over the chiffon skirt of my white gown. I smiled to myself and twirled slightly to feel the dress swish around my legs. I never thought that this day would come. I was about to be married to the man of my dreams. My smile grew wider as the memory of the day he proposed ran through my mind.

It was two years to the day that Hunter and I met backstage at one of his shows. We had our ups and downs in that time, but we loved each other. "Are you ready?"

I turned to Hunter's voice, "Will you tell me where we're going?"

He laughed, "Nope." I pouted, but let him lead me out of the house and into the car. We drove for a few minutes before I felt the car stop. Hunter got out and opened my door for me, holding his hand out, "Okay, we're at the park now." I grasped Hunter's hand and followed him around the duck pond a few times before we sat down on a bench. We talked for a while and I could feel the air getting colder, so I figured that the sun had started to set.

I turned to where I had last heard Hunter's voice, "Should we get going?" When I received no response, I furrowed my brow, "Hunter?"

"I'm over here." His voice had sounded from in front of me.

"What are you doing over there?"

He took a deep breath, "There's something I have to do." My smile grew more confused and I slowly reached forward, searching for Hunter's face. He grabbed my hands, "I'm down on one knee."

My breath caught in my throat, "What are doing that for?" There was a beat of silence.

"Marry me?"

"Oh honey, you look so beautiful." I smiled and turned towards my mother's voice.

"Really?"

I could hear her choke back some tears, "Of course." She moved closer and put her hands on my shoulders, "I can't believe my baby is all grown up and getting married."

I chuckled, "I'll still be your baby, ma." She pulled me into a hug and I wrapped my arms around her in return.

She pulled away and I heard her sniffle, "Well, your daddy's waiting for you in entryway. It's time now." I nodded and looped my arm with hers and let her lead me to where my dad was waiting.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart." I felt my mom transfer my arm over to my dad.

"Thanks, Daddy." I felt him pat my arm at the same time that I could feel my mom fluttering around me and fixing my dress and veil.

She sniffled again, "I'm gonna go and sit." My cheek felt warm and I pushed against my mom's hand. She sighed and then her warmth was gone and I heard a door shut.

I stood quietly for a minute before my dad squeezed my arm, "Ready?" I nodded and felt a rush of air as the doors in front of us were opened. I heard the music start to play and I gripped my dad's arm tighter. I heard him chuckle before he started to lead me down the aisle.

I leaned close to him, "How does he look?"

"His smile is even bigger than yours."

My smile widened, "Are we almost there?"

Dad chuckled again, "Yes." And then we stopped walking.

I felt someone step closer to me and I knew it was Hunter, "Hey, beautiful." I flashed him a smile before turning to my dad when I felt his arm leave mine. He kissed my check and then guided my hand to Hunter's. Hunter helped me climb the step and continued to hold my hand tightly. I half listened to what the priest was saying, waiting for him to call upon me to say my vows. Hunter was first. He repeated the words without a single hiccup and then it was my turn. I faced Hunter and repeated the words the priest said. With each word passing my lips, I could feel my smile growing wider and before I knew it, those six words were being spoken.

"You may now kiss the bride." I felt Hunter's hand on my cheek and then his lips were on mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm so sorry for not updating in forever. I am trying to get all these requests done, but I have almost no motivation for this book right now. Thanks for being patient.

Hope you enjoyed this one. If not then let me know.

Has anyone heard Kip Moore's new EP Underground? It's amazing. Anyway, I'm gonna try to get another request up tonight.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!