Bus Proposal ~ Dustin Lynch

Requested by countrylover22

Dustin and I had been together for a year now and it was honestly the most amazing year of my life. He was still on tour and I was still driving the bus, so we got to see each other everyday. We were currently in Texas and there was a free day before Dustin's show which would take place tomorrow night. Dustin wanted to sleep in, but when he finally did wake up, he proclaimed that we would be spending the rest of the day together. I had no objections, so I now found myself walking around Houston, holding Dustin's hand. The sun was starting to set, so we decided to grab some dinner. "Babe, look." I looked up to where Dustin was pointing to see a Thai restaurant. He looked so excited and I had no idea why.

"It's just a restaurant. Calm down."

Dustin pulled me over to the place, "It's not just any restaurant. It's a Thai restaurant."

"Yeah..." He grinned at me and I laughed, "Alright, let's go." So we went in and got a table, ordering immediately. Halfway through our meal, I smiled up at Dustin, "Why were you so excited about this place?"

He looked offended, "Have you forgotten?"

I laughed and threw my napkin at him, "Just tell me."

"Our first date we went to a Thai restaurant."

A smile broke out on my face, "Oh yeah." We finished our meal and made our way back outside. It was dark now, so Dustin and I decided to head back to the bus. As we were getting closer to the lot where the bus was, Dustin stepped behind me and placed his hands over my eyes. I giggled, "What are you doing." I tried to push his hands away, but he wouldn't budge.

"Just trust me." I sighed, but didn't say anything else. I just let him walk me back to the bus. We stopped suddenly and I stumbled a bit. "Sorry, babe."

"It's fine. Just please tell me we're back."

I felt him nod, "We are." He didn't remove his hands though.

I sighed in frustration, "Well?" Dustin took a deep breath and pulled his hands away. I blinked a few times, letting my eyes adjust. I gasped when I saw twinkling lights decorating the tour bus and candles and rose petals all over the ground. With my mouth still open in shock, I turned back to Dustin. He looked nervous, so I smiled softly at him, "What is all this?" He took another deep breath and got down on one knee. I breathed in sharply.

"Bailee, exactly one year ago today, we went on our first date. That night was the first of many amazing moments I've spent with you. I love you with all of my heart and you've made me the happiest man alive." I could feel tears rolling down my face as I stared down at Dustin. He looked up at me, still nervous, and continued, "Let me spend the rest of my life trying to make you as happy as you've made me. Marry me?" It was silent. I couldn't get the words out, so I just nodded. Dustin face broke into a grin as he stood up and wrapped his arms around me.

I pulled away with a chuckle, "I can't believe this." Dustin chuckled along with me and slipped the ring on my finger. I stared down at it before turning my attention back to my fiancé. "I love you." Dustin pressed his lips to mine.

"I love you too, my future wife."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you liked it!