All Dressed Up for Nothing ~ Hunter Hayes

Requested by BeccaJohnson

The cool night breeze hit my skin and I shivered as a few tears slipped down my cheeks. I knew they were mixing with my mascara and making black marks on my skin, but I had little reason to care. Tonight was supposed to be perfect and it was turning out to be the worst night of my life. I was vaguely aware of a door near me being opened, but I chose to ignore it. Right now all I wanted was to go home and take this stupid dress off. I can't believe I spent so much time and money planning all of this and it just blew up in my face. "Are you okay?"

I quickly wiped my eyes and snapped at the intruder, "Do I look okay?" I thought that would be the end of it, but I was wrong.

The stranger stepped closer to me and bent down, "No, you don't." I sniffles and the stranger held a tissue out to me. I hesitantly looked up at him. Hunter. He was in my class, but I didn't know much about him as we ran in different circles. I took the tissue with a mumbled thanks and dabbed at my eyes. "Sorry about the stupid question. Obviously you're upset."

I shook my head, "I shouldn't have snapped at you. It's not your fault." We sat in silence for a few minutes and it was nice to have someone next to me.

"You wanna tell me what happened?"

I gave a humorless chuckle, "Some jerk said he would go to prom with me, but then he ditched me for someone else as soon as we got here. So I spent all day getting ready for nothing because I've spent all my time out here," I gestured to the alley around us, "and what's the point of being dressed up for alley rats?"

Hunter nodded, "You're right." I looked up at him and he gave me a small smile, "That guy is a jerk." I chuckled and he smiled. "I know you didn't ask for any advice and this may be a bit ignorant, but you shouldn't let him ruin your night. He's not worth it and you look beautiful. You should be inside having a good time."

I shrugged, "I don't think I can go in there alone now. Not since everyone knows what happened."

"What if we went in together?" My head snapped towards him and he smiled again, "If you want to. We can have a good time without that guy." He waved his hand dismissively and I studied him.

I nodded, "Okay."

Hunter's smile widened, "Okay?" I nodded again and he was on his feet, holding his hand out to me. I took his hand in mine and he pulled me to my feet. I smoothed out my dress and patted down my hair.

"Do I look okay?"

He nodded, "Beautiful." I smiled and he interlocked our fingers. I followed him through the door that he had come out of. When we reached the entrance to the hall I stopped. Hunter stopped too and looked at me.

I took a deep breath and smiled, "Thank you."

Hunter squeezed my hand, "Come on, let's go have some fun." I nodded and followed Hunter into the elaborately decorated hall, not caring about what anyone else had to say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I LIVE!

Seriously though, I am so sorry about being gone for so long. Hope you like this one! Requests are still closed! Thank you!