Airport Goodbyes ~ Dustin Lynch

Requested by countrygirl400

"Where we goin'?" I turned to look at Kane, who was looking out the window.

Dustin sighed from next to me, "To the airport, buddy." Kane nodded and it was silent for the rest of the ride. When we got to the airport, Dustin parked the car and I jumped out and grabbed Kane while Dustin went to the trunk to grab his bag. Dustin held my free hand as we walked up to the airport. We made it through security quickly and we were sitting near Dustin's gate when Kane started to cry. Dustin took him from my arms, "What's wrong, buddy?"

Kane hiccuped, "Don't go." I smiled sadly at my son and husband as a beat of silence passed between them.

Dustin held the crying boy closer, "I'm sorry, bud, but I gotta go. I gotta work, but I promise that I will be back really soon."

Kane shook his head, "No." They called for boarding for Dustin's flight and he stood up, Kane still clinging to his shirt.

"Listen, buddy, I gotta go now, but I'll call you when I land, okay?" He rubbed Kane's back, "Can you give me one smile?" Kane looked up at him, still blubbering, but he managed a smile. Dustin grinned back at him and gave him one final hug and a kiss on the forehead before passing him back to me. Kane held tightly to my shirt as Dustin kissed me goodbye and walked over to the gate. Kane and I watched him as he turned and gave us one final wave and a sad smile. Kane waved back and then Dustin was gone, down the tunnel.

I sighed and looked at Kane, "Ready to go?" He shook his head and pointed to the window. I nodded once, "You wanna watch daddy's plane take off?" Kane nodded, so I move closer to the window. A few minutes later, the plane pulled away from the airport and made its way down the runway.

Kane waved, "Bye, dada."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This one is a little short, but I hope you like it. Your second one will be up tomorrow. I know that in today's day and age you can't go through security unless you have a ticket, but I changed that fact just a little bit.